1 RAM stick not detected out of 2.

Solved
Hello, so here's the thing: a while ago I bought 16 GB of RAM, that is to say 8 GB each (both identical). They worked very well for 1 month and then my PC only detects 1 stick; it only counts one (Task Manager and CPU-Z).

- I tested them one by one and both worked perfectly
- I tested each RAM slot, none are defective
- I tried swapping the RAM positions... nothing worked

(I’ll put some photos so you can see):




And here is the reference for my RAM: https://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00185128.html

And the motherboard reference: https://fr.msi.com/Motherboard/H110M-PRO-D.html

If I could get a bit of help from someone who knows ^^ thanks a lot.

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Hello,
    Check if your BIOS is up to date with this MSI software, this software will update it if it is not.
    Also see this page.

    bazfile contributor security.
    1
    1. Good evening, I managed to solve my problem! ;))
      I will explain for those who might have the same problem as me:

      I obviously turned off my PC, then unplugged the power cord, I removed the residual current from the PC by pressing the Power button (for about 10 seconds)

      - I opened my PC
      - removed the RAM from the slots
      - I started the PC without the modules, then turned it off afterward
      - then I put the modules back in the slots
      - and the BIOS then offered me to set up the memory! :)
      and my 16 GB appeared ^^

      (ps: I also updated my BIOS before proceeding with all this)

      Thank you for responding very quickly. :)))
      3
    2. Moderator
      I think the BIOS update must have played a role, as the last BIOS update indicated the following:
       Improve memory compatibility. 

      Which means: Improvement of memory compatibility.
      All's well that ends well.
      Good evening!
      0
    3. Thank you, have a good evening to you too :)
      0