On-call schedule

Hello :)

I need to create a schedule that rotates agents for on-call duty throughout the year. However, I don't know anything about all the formulas (but I'm willing to learn).
The benefit of doing it automatically would be to modify conditions by adding leave, last-minute cancellations, etc., and have the rest of the schedule adjust to remain fair.

I need to assign 7 agents to take turns on call for the 5 working days/week (1 on-call agent/day), except on public holidays.

I also need to set conditions for each agent:
- One can only be scheduled on Monday/Tuesday
- Another cannot be scheduled on Wednesday
etc...
If one takes a week off, they must "catch up" in the rotation, and so on.
And if possible, a relatively equal duration between on-calls for all agents.

Finally, if instead of names, there are colors in the cells, that would be great for readability.

I hope you can explain how to do this and that I have been clear enough. Thank you :)

PS: I'm using Excel 2010.

2 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello Kyr.

    Have you ever seen many Excel files that do this kind of trick?

    We use Excel to graphically represent a schedule and calculate staffing and working hours based on various criteria: service, agent, day, week, month, year ...
    But to decide who needs to be moved, and how, to compensate for leave and absences, we should write a VBA program so that macros can do this work, with efficiency that probably isn't great!

    Look it up online: there are specific software programs that help with scheduling, especially in the medical field. I don't know what their qualities and flaws are, their user manuals and limitations, their manufacturers and their prices.
    --
    Retirement is great! Especially in the Caribbean... :-)
    ☻ Raymond ♂
    0