Lag with the CPL

Solved
Hello, I just acquired the powerline adapter to replace the Wi-Fi because it lags in online games...
I plug it in, everything is fine (no power strip, recent electrical network) The connection works very well (my Livebox is downstairs, I am upstairs) But sometimes the signal cuts out and I lose internet ;-( I paid a good price for it =
Devolo 85 mbits/s. Could the problem be that the powerline adapter for the Livebox is plugged into a double socket, you know, a socket where you plug in to have 2 places instead of one... I hope you understand ^^ thanks :)
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0.5

6 answers

  1. I'm not far at all, well I plugged it in elsewhere, without the double socket, I'm going to test it on a game ;) but it looks pretty good!
    1
    1. Hello,
      it may come from there. It is not recommended to connect it to power strips.
      Finally, try it without the double socket to see if that is the issue.
      Personally, I am using power strips and have no problem (but it all depends on the state of your electrical network)

      --
      Stop SMS messages
      Please close your topics once resolved.
      0
      1. I have slowdowns on my connection as well, and it's not because of having power strips! A little UP!
        0
        1. It's not really a power strip :S but I'll try without ^^
          Thanks for answering so quickly.

          Another thing, when we went to the computer store we were asked if the electrical wiring was recent, my dad said "yes, about 15 years" :S so maybe that could be the issue ;[]
          0
          1. Yes,
            the CPL depends on the distance between the modem/router and the PC, as well as the condition of the electrical installation.

            --
            Stop SMS messages
            Thank you for closing your topics once resolved.
            0
            1. It's perfect, straight to the wall ^^ thanks guys :D
              0