Very slow laptop

Solved

Good evening Bazfile

It's me again! This time it's about my laptop that I rarely use, but always up to date.

It is very, very slow and sometimes freezes for no apparent reason... I don't know if it's a virus or what... It is slow not only to open pages, but also to open folders...

Thanks for your help..


6 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    You need to download the 64-bit version:


    1
    1. I’m trying to open FRST but it’s impossible. Here is a screenshot of the error message..

      0
      1. Hello, thank you very much.

        Here are the two requested files

        Addition

        FRST

        0
        1. Contributor

          Hello

          on Windows 10 or 11, no need for a third-party antivirus
          Windows has its own antivirus, Windows Defender
          uninstall McAfee, too resource-hungry
          and let Windows Defender take over, just as effective and less resource-intensive
          to properly uninstall McAfee here:

          To finalize this step, you need to restart the PC.

          1
      2. Hello and thank you.

        I followed your instructions. Removed McAfee and OneDrive, and here is the requested file:

        0
        1. Contributor

          For me everything is fine

          tell me if it’s better

          1
      3. Yes, I feel much better. Thanks to you, that's kind of you.

        0
        1. Contributor

          No problem

          See you later

          1
      4. Moderator

        Hello  .

        Your PC is not infected; the problem is that it’s an entry-level PC with little RAM and a totally outdated processor. Your issue isn’t infectious but hardware-related, so I’m redirecting your post to the forum in the Hardware & System section → Computers.


        bazfile
        Moderator/Security Contributor.
        a hello, a reply, a thank you always brings joy.

        0