IPCONFIG - Media disconnected
Solved/Closed
I'm on WinXP and my network card has the correct drivers.
When I run IPCONFIG /ALL
I get the following result: "Media status . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected"
Yet I've forced the address 192.168.0.1
mask 255.255.255.0
Shouldn't I have the indicated address?
As a result, I can't ping anyone on the network...
Please help before I take my laptop back to ACER!
When I run IPCONFIG /ALL
I get the following result: "Media status . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected"
Yet I've forced the address 192.168.0.1
mask 255.255.255.0
Shouldn't I have the indicated address?
As a result, I can't ping anyone on the network...
Please help before I take my laptop back to ACER!
10 answers
-
Hello,
I had the same problem and here's what I did to fix it:
1- Right-click on Network Favorite and click on Properties
2- Locate your network connection, right-click and choose Properties
3- Uncheck the box for Internet Protocol TCP/IP and click OK
4- Restart the computer
5- Reactivate the Internet Protocol TCP/IP and there you go!-
-
Thank you very much !!!! I was so desperate that I was even going to format my computer.
It was THE solution because for the past 3 days, I haven't had access to the internet, even though my ATHEROS AR9285 card was activated, as was the wifi signal that showed 5 bars, but it said "LIMITED ACCESS" and I was the only computer in the house that couldn't access the internet.
While browsing forums, I even reinstalled all my drivers, to no avail. -
-
Network favorites no longer exist, and that's a good thing.
Now, we rather talk about network locations -
-