Offline printer

Solved/Closed
Hello,
I have a small problem with my printer, it always goes offline when I start Windows. To print, I have to check "use printer online" and restart Windows (if I don't restart, it can't print). My question is how do you set the printer to 'ready' automatically when Windows starts?
Thank you.

17 answers

  1. Hello,

    Indeed, this problem comes from Vista, among other things.
    You need to disable the SNMP status in the TCP/IP port configuration of the printer and that will solve it.
    As for printers connected via USB, I'm not sure about that.

    ++
    137
    1. Thank you dingO157, it's working for me!!!!
      0
    2. Thank you, I was starting to pull my hair out.
      It works very well.

      Thanks again and see you soon.
      0
    3. Confirmed! I just disabled SNMP and it works.
      Thank you.
      0
    4. I solved the problem with Vista (it was working very well with XP) by unchecking the "Print Preview" option in the printer properties. I also lost the preview of the cartridge filling. I am waiting for the Windows updates...
      0
    5. Thank you
      that solved my problem
      see you later
      0