Thunderbird: new version = chaos

Good evening everyone,

I have a problem. I wanted to update TDB to the latest version 144.0.1

and the subfolders are in English (downloaded the French version anyway !!?

Junk in Junk, Drafts in DRAFT, Trash in TRASH, etc....

This is not always the case for certain addresses, especially for gmx.com addresses

If anyone has an idea, I would be interested

Thank you for your help

7 answers

  1. Contributor

    Hello

     With Thunderbird, you should avoid beta versions or forcing updates in ways other than through the built-in module (menu "Help" then "About Thunderbird").

     The developers are not French-speaking (USA, San Francisco for R&D), so betas are rarely localized, as well as some complete non-beta versions reserved for Anglo-Saxon countries initially.

    If you follow this rule, there are no issues.

    2
    1. Hello everyone and happy holidays to everyone!

      Indeed, version 146.0.1 puts everything back in English; we have to hope that the next one will bring everything back in French :)

      The fact that updating directly from Thunderbird doesn't change anything in the matter!

      However, personally, I wouldn't recommend stopping updates since the risk seems greater than the inconvenience (after all, we’re improving our English for free :) :)

      Happy New Year's Eve to all


      2
      1. Contributor

        Hello,

        Apparently a bug from the latest update and the one before it.

        Bug reported on Bugzilla:

        ==► Most default mail folder names are not localized in the folder pane

        Waiting for a fix in a future update, if the bug is resolved.

        On my side, no bug, the trash can has not changed language.


        0
        1. Good evening Pistouri,

          Indeed, after reading your link, I'm not the only one!!

          To be continued

          I'm not marking it as resolved for now

          A BIG THANK YOU

          0
      2. Thank you for your message regarding the subfolders; I am also concerned.

        0
        1. Hello everyone,

          Apparently it's scheduled for version 146.0 <HERE<

          but in the current beta version 146, the names of the folders have returned to French

          Version <Version 146 Beta<

          be sure to backup the profile if you need to go back

          For now I'm still waiting and not closing the topic

          0
          1. Hello everyone

            Problem solved with version 146.0 released today

            0
            1. Contributor

              Hello,

              Thank you for the feedback, 2 versions later after all!

              Best wishes.

              0
          2. Hello everyone

            Well!!!! version 146.0.1 reset everything to English: back to square one.

            I think I will stop the updates and stick to a version that is readable in French once and for all.

            Happy holidays and MERRY CHRISTMAS

            Émilie

            0