Reset an asus pc without password or cd
Good evening everyone,
I’m new to help forums and also to the field of computing. Here is my problem: I got a PC from the brand Asus, running Windows XP. It’s a PC that was used for a company, so I want to reset it so that it doesn’t lag and only has software and a word processor (no internet connection is required for my future use...). When I turn on the PC, it goes to the BIOS and asks for a password... I tried the simultaneous keys ctrl + Alt + Del, but the password is still requested. And of course, I don’t have this password, and I can't perform any operations. I don't know what to do; does anyone have a solution for a non-professional in the field of computing? Thank you in advance.
I’m new to help forums and also to the field of computing. Here is my problem: I got a PC from the brand Asus, running Windows XP. It’s a PC that was used for a company, so I want to reset it so that it doesn’t lag and only has software and a word processor (no internet connection is required for my future use...). When I turn on the PC, it goes to the BIOS and asks for a password... I tried the simultaneous keys ctrl + Alt + Del, but the password is still requested. And of course, I don’t have this password, and I can't perform any operations. I don't know what to do; does anyone have a solution for a non-professional in the field of computing? Thank you in advance.
3 answers
-
Well, without a password at startup, you won't be able to do much indeed.
Is the PC big?
If possible, try it, or consult a professional to open the PC, remove the BIOS battery from the motherboard for 1 minute, and restart it.
The password will disappear.-
-
-
@amomo642YES, in any case, I think, I'm not quite sure what the motherboard looks like, but there is no other one... and just at startup, I don't see the Windows logo displaying, it goes directly to this black screen and of course in English...
-