Phoenix - Award BIOS Update

Hello,
I have a Packard Bell computer with the following BIOS:
Phoenix - Award Workstation Bios
Product Name: imedia S3210
System BIOS version P01-B2
BIOS release date 11/06/2009
My goal is to update it, I am asking for your help because I don't want to choose the wrong version of the BIOS.

Configuration: Windows 7 64 bits / Firefox 21.0

7 answers

  1. First, I tried to install Windows 7 64-bit on Packard Bell, but the BIOS did not detect the SATA hard drive. What I did next was install Windows 7 on another computer; the operation went smoothly. I put the hard drive back into the Packard Bell and tried to boot it, but it was impossible; the BIOS still does not detect the hard drive.
    1
    1. First, I tried to install Windows 7 64-bit on a Packard Bell, but the BIOS did not detect the SATA hard drive <= so if you're not taking anything apart, the BIOS must detect the hard drive before starting the installation, right... You shouldn't confuse the BIOS with the Windows 7 installation software...

      So your Packard Bell is working fine, you put the Windows 7 DVD in the drive and restart the PC, and then bam, the hard drive has disappeared from the BIOS, that's a bit hard to swallow...
      0
  2. Contributor
    Hello,

    For that, you need to go to the Packard Bell website,
    Go to the support section, find your computer.
    The updates for your BIOS should be available there, they are specific to your PC and therefore won’t cause any issues.

    --
    Doing your own research before posting on CCM is the quickest solution!
    I’m bad at French, but I own it!
    0
    1. Thank you for your response, there is a restriction in the BIOS of the Packard Bell site; that is why I do not want to use this BIOS for the update. This BIOS is tattooed, meaning that if I want to install another operating system, I won't be able to. That's why I am looking for a new BIOS. I know that the manufacturer is Acer and on my motherboard, it is marked MB DA061/087L. If anyone can help me with this information, I thank you in advance.
      0
      1. Hello

        For a Packard-Bell, the BIOS is with Packard-Bell and not with Acer, the tattoo is on the hard drive and not in the BIOS, plus it does not prevent the installation of another OS other than the original one, it does however prevent the installation of the original OS on a non-tattooed drive.
        --
        Before asking a question: 1° The brain does not wear out if you use it, feel free to use it!
        2° Google is your friend, the search engine of CCM too, do a search!
        0
        1. I tried to install another operating system but the BIOS cannot detect the SATA hard drive; it’s an agreement between computer manufacturers (Packard Bell) and Microsoft. I looked online to find a solution, and the only one suggested is updating the BIOS or using the master CD/DVD, and the tattooing is on the hard drive and the BIOS. Look online and you can understand better.
          0
          1. What OS? And how did you do it?

            the BIOS cannot detect the SATA hard drive <= if you see the HDD in the BIOS, then it is indeed detected... If you have connected an untattooed hard drive there, that's another matter.
            0
        2. The problem is I don't see the hard drive in the BIOS, so it is not detected, and yet on another computer, the hard drive is detected, and it is the original hard drive.
          0
          1. And I suppose that you installed the OS by connecting the hard drive to another PC... And by the same token, you may have removed the tattoo.
            0