Incredimail ; impossible d'envoyer des erreurs....

Solved
Hello,
my email sending was working until yesterday, impossible today here's the detected error
500 5.5.2 BAD CHARS IN COMMAND
I BEG YOU HELP HELP
I'LL BE BACK THIS EVENING PLEASE RESPOND TO ME
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

27 answers

  1. Hello

    This error code corresponds to a syntax error or an unrecognized command.

    Make sure to check your email settings:

    POP server (e.g., pop.laposte.net) ---- for receiving
    SMTP server (e.g., smtp.laposte.net) ----- for sending

    Port numbers: POP -- port 110 (default)
    SMTP -- port 25 (default)

    Your credentials provided by your email provider, your password.

    You can check and send your emails via your provider's webmail interface (not knowing it, I can't tell you more)
    1
    1. Thank you, thank you for listening to me

      I can't look at anything this noon, no time, back to work
      I will look tonight, I am on aol, but I want to stay on incredimail
      it’s very fun and nice, I haven’t changed anything so far, here’s what I’m currently on

      INCOMING MAIL SERVER: imap.aol.com
      OUTGOING MAIL SERVER: smtp.neuf.fr

      OUTGOING SMTP MAIL: 25
      INCOMING MESSAGE IMAP: 143

      there you go, don’t leave me snif snif
      I hope it works, see you tonight
      not before 9 PM THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
      0
      1. I had the same problem, error "bad chars in command," couldn't send emails.
        I completely uninstalled Incredimail, reinstalled it, and everything works like before.
        There you go, pretty blonde, maybe a solution that will work.
        Valère
        0
    2. What is your internet service provider?

      If it’s AOL, use their SMTP server:
      smtp.fr.aol.com port 25

      By entering your AOL credentials

      And maybe see you tonight.
      0
      1. I had the same problem, error "bad chars in command," unable to send emails.
        I completely uninstalled Incredimail, reinstalled it and everything is working again like before.
        There you go, pretty blonde, maybe a solution that will work.
        0
    3. GOOD EVENING

      IT'S NOT WORKING, I'M DESPERATE......
      SUPER SAD
      HELP ME, PLEASE BE VERY SPECIFIC, I'M A GIRL, YOU KNOW, THE TYPE AND A BLONDE ON TOP OF THAT

      FOR EXAMPLE, YOU SEE, I'M GOING TO: TOOLS THEN
      ACCOUNT THEN
      PROPERTIES AND WHAT DO I DO NEXT???????

      HELP ME HELP HELPHELP
      0
      1. I had the same problem, error "bad chars in command," unable to send emails.
        I completely uninstalled Incredimail, reinstalled it, and everything is working again as before.
        There you go, pretty blonde, maybe a solution that will work.
        Valère
        0
      2. valou - Feb 27, 2011 at 09:14
        Just change your email account in tools, email account and it works perfectly. I switched from Orange to Gmail and it’s great, no more problems sending with Incredimail.
        0
    4. Hello

      I'm trying to summarize the situation to clearly understand the problem:

      -your email software is Incredimail
      -your email address is an AOL address
      -your Internet service provider is Neuf ??

      your AOL email is IMAP type: to keep it simple, your emails and email folders are on AOL's server (smtp.fr.aol.com) and they load into your mailer when you open it and you are connected to the Internet.

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      To access your account settings:
      tools --> accounts --> properties

      1st option: we stick with the Neuf server

      Tab "servers" --> at the bottom outgoing mail server--> check "my server requires authentication" --> click on "more settings"
      check "log on using" and enter the identifiers and password of Neuf and OK

      Go to the "advanced" tab and click on "default settings" (you'll see ports 143 and 25)

      2nd option: we switch to the AOL server

      In "server information" replace the outgoing server name with: smtp.fr.aol.com

      Then check "my server requires authentication" --> more settings --> check "use same settings as ..... " and then OK

      Go to the "advanced" tab and click on "default settings" (you'll see ports 143 and 25)

      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I hope I was precise enough in my explanations, and I based myself on the fact that there are no problems with the servers.
      (I tested access to both servers on port 25 without any problems ....)
      Once all this is done, things will become clearer.

      Keep me posted ...

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      And I dare say, forgive my boldness, that being blonde is not a disadvantage in my eyes, but I'm not talking about computing here .......
      0
      1. Il suffit de changer de compte email dans l'outil, compte email et cela fonctionne à merveille. Moi, j'ai changé de Orange en Gmail et c'est impeccable, plus de problème pour envoyer avec IncrediMail.
        0
    5. cmonpseudoamoa I can't take it anymore, I've restarted my emails twice
      I've been at it for 2 hours, I DON'T UNDERSTAND

      Are you receiving it or not?
      -1
      1. SORRY, I will start again tomorrow
        I'm disappointed, I had spent a lot of time

        I'll see you tomorrow if you don't mind...
        _______________________________

        Your boldness is forgiven, have a good evening
        See you very soon
        -1
        1. HELLO,

          I hope this email goes through!!!!!!

          YES email software INCREDIMAIL
          YES email address AOL
          YES my ISP is NEUF
          ______________________________that's all good
          NOW I WILL GO THROUGH WITH YOU SECTION BY SECTION AND LINE BY LINE
          IF YOU DON'T MIND
          __________________________________________________________________

          TOOLS--------ACCOUNTS-------- OK
          ACCOUNTS: AOL (default)
          EMAIL ADDRESS: XXXXX@aol.com
          _______________________________________ LET ME KNOW IF IT'S GOOD OR NOT

          PROPERTIES--------

          Account name:----------------- AOL
          Display name:-----------------GEGE
          Email address:--------------------XXXXX@aol.com
          ________________________________________________________
          I’m sending you this first part
          I’ll send the rest later
          I’m too afraid it won’t go through like last night
          _____________________________________
          SEE YOU SOON
          0
          1. Hello Bedou

            For now everything is perfect, but the most important is yet to come....

            My responses won't always be instantaneous, I'm at work....

            See you later
            0
            1. A very important clarification: I told you to use port 25 for your outgoing server, here’s what I saw on the AOL site

              outgoing server: smtp.aol.com
              ------------------: port 587
              0
              1. OK IT WORKS I'M CONTINUING

                Then I click on SERVER

                Server information
                Incoming mail server:--------------------IMAP.fr.aol.com
                Outgoing mail server:------------------- SMTP.fr.aol.com

                INCOMING MAIL SERVER

                Screen Name:---------------------(what's before @) e.g. bebou@aol.com----- I put: bebou let me know if that's okay or not
                Password:--------------------xxxxxx is this my password to open mail?
                is this my computer login password?
                what is it??? ANYWAY TELL ME I DON'T KNOW
                In any case I haven't touched it...........I promise but I would like to know and understand!!!!!!

                INCOMING MAIL SERVER

                My server asks me for authentication -------------------I CHECK

                And I click on:

                More settings-----------------------OK
                __________________________________________________________

                We arrive here

                Login information for the server SMTP.fr.aol.com
                I can check either:

                Use the same settings as my outgoing mail
                or check:

                Connect using: (tell me exactly what to check!!!! I don't know!!)

                Username: I DON'T KNOW
                Password: I DON'T KNOW (the same as above? which one? A NEW ONE??? TELL ME TELL ME....

                Can you hold on? IT'S HORRIBLE I AM REALLY SORRY FOR BEING SO CLUELESS
                I'M SENDING THIS FIRST

                WAIT FOR THE REST Please
                go prepare a bit for me and come back
                I haven't finished
                see you soon
                0
                1. Just change the email account in the tool, email account, and it works wonderfully. I changed from Orange to Gmail, and it’s perfect—no more issues sending with IncrediMail.
                  Edit
                  0
              2. The username and password are those provided by AOL

                We are arriving here

                Opening information for the SMTP server smtp.fr.aol.com
                I can check either:

                Use the same settings as my outgoing mail
                (I correct myself, it's probably "incoming" that is written --> yes that's right

                or check:

                Connect using: (please tell me exactly what to check!!!! I don't know!!)

                Username: I DON'T KNOW
                Password: I DON'T KNOW (the same as above? which one? a NEW ONE??? TELL ME TELL ME...
                --> You don't have to worry about that, it will use what you entered for incoming mail

                A very important clarification: I told you to use port 25 for your outgoing server, here’s what I saw on the AOL site

                Outgoing server: smtp.aol.com
                ------------------: port 587
                0
                1. valou - Feb 27, 2011 at 09:13
                  valpou Jan 14, 2011 at 22:05
                  You just need to change the email account in tools, email account, and it works wonderfully. I switched from Orange to Gmail and it's perfect, no more problems sending with IncrediMail.
                  0
              3. I will try to finish but I have to leave for work in 20 minutes

                WELL, THE NEXT PART;;;;;

                GO AHEAD
                ___________________________________________________
                SERVER PORTS NUMBERS

                Outgoing mail SMTP: 25
                Incoming message IMAP: 143

                If I type default usage, 25 is replaced by 587
                143 does not change

                THEN THERE'S A FOLDER THAT HAS NOT BEEN TOUCHED, I DON'T KNOW LIKE USUAL

                So can you tell me exactly section by section line by line
                what to write because I think I've mixed everything up, we need to start over
                I'm truly a disaster, but I don't know why I have confidence
                and I feel that we will succeed, I think you understood that it was very difficult
                for me..... A REAL GIRL, YOU KNOW

                HURRY, I'M LEAVING, TAKE YOUR TIME, I WON'T BE HERE during the day
                probably tonight, I'm eager to test everything you will tell me

                HAVE A GREAT DAY AND THANK YOU THANK YOU AGAIN

                BEBOU
                0
                1. valpou January 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM
                  you just have to change the email account in Tools, email account and it works perfectly, I switched from Orange to Gmail and it’s great, no more issues sending with Incredimail.
                  0
              4. Let's start over from the beginning:

                In Incredimail: tools --> accounts

                In the email account window:

                You should have a line with ACCOUNTS: AOL (default)
                EMAIL ADDRESS: XXXXX@aol.com

                Click on "properties"

                A new window opens "AOL properties"

                tab "general":

                Account name: AOL
                display name: bedou (doesn't matter)
                Email address: xxxxx@aol.com
                ----------------------------------------
                step 1

                tab "Servers"

                server information

                incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
                outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com

                incoming mail server

                screen Name: identifier given by AOL (since you are receiving emails correctly, leave it as it is)
                Password: the password (since you are receiving emails correctly, leave it as it is)

                check if you wish "remember the password"

                do not check "connect using a secure password"

                Outgoing mail server

                check "my server requires authentication"

                then click on "more settings"
                check: "use the same settings as my incoming mail server"
                OK
                ------------------------------------
                step 2

                Tab "Advanced"

                outgoing mail --> 587 (it should have set itself by default)
                do not check "this server requires a secure connection (ssl)"

                incoming mail --> 143 (it should have set itself by default)
                do not check "this server requires a secure connection (ssl)"

                Delivery:
                it's up to you, it does not influence receiving or sending
                OK
                ----------------------------------------------------

                If it still doesn't work:

                redo the steps replacing "smtp.aol.com" with "smtp.fr.aol.com"

                If it still doesn't work:

                step 2: outgoing mail --> 587 (it should have set itself by default)
                check "this server requires a secure connection (ssl)"

                If it still doesn't work:

                step 1: reset "smtp.aol.com"

                step 2: outgoing mail --> 587 (it should have set itself by default)
                check "this server requires a secure connection (ssl)"

                I won't be here tonight nor this weekend, except maybe Saturday morning.
                Good luck
                0
                1. GOOD EVENING,

                  YOU WERE SUPER ACCURATE, EXACTLY AS I WANTED.......

                  THANK YOU, THANK YOU......BUT I TRIED ALL THE FORMULAS YOU GAVE ME

                  AND IT'S NOT WORKING.......

                  SO WHAT TO DO, SOME TELL ME I NEED TO UNINSTALL INCREDIMAIL
                  AND REINSTALL IT. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

                  AND HOW TO UNINSTALL?
                  IF I HAVE TO DO THIS
                  PLEASE TELL ME, WITH AS MUCH PRECISION AS POSSIBLE HOW TO DO IT,

                  THANK YOU AGAIN
                  HAVE A GREAT EVENING
                  SEE YOU TOMORROW MAYBE

                  BEBOU, NOT BEDOU
                  0
                  1. Too complicated, just switch servers, use Gmail, it works well.
                    0
                2. Hello,

                  I've been using Incredimail since yesterday, but I can't send any emails. Receiving emails works fine.

                  Here's the error message I get every time I try to send an email:
                  500 5.5.2 bad chars in command

                  My ISP is NEUF, and my email is of the type cegetel.net
                  server data identical to Outlook (which works for sending and receiving)
                  pop.neuf.fr
                  smtp.neuf.fr

                  DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM OR AM I GOING TO HAVE TO GO BACK TO OUTLOOK???

                  Thanks in advance for your help.
                  Ghervé
                  0
                  1. same problem as you, with the same error indicated, receives email but cannot send!!!
                    ISP: neuf
                    EMAIL: neuf
                    what to do??????
                    0
                  2. @kikiSame problem unable to send emails with Incredimail. My ISP is Neuf. I can receive emails but sending is impossible. HELP!!!
                    0
                  3. @kikiI had the same problem.
                    My ISP was previously Cegetel and I had left in the properties of my outgoing account smtp.cegetel.fr which no longer exists today.
                    You need to enter in incoming mail, the server of your ISP for your email box
                    e.g.: pop.free.fr
                    for outgoing, that of your current ISP
                    e.g.: smtp.neuf.fr
                    0
                  4. @besmerHello for Cegetel and Neuf customers
                    set smtp.sfr.fr
                    and it works
                    see you+
                    0
                  5. @yannHello everyone,

                    I just want to thank Yann for his very useful info, and it works!!

                    Thanks again Bye!!
                    0
                3. I have the same problem with Orange since 06/08 !! I reinstalled it but nothing works, 4 Orange accounts are not working anymore !!

                  With Windows Mail everything is fine !! Ugh
                  0
                  1. Hi,
                    I have the same problem with Orange since I downloaded the new IncrediMail.
                    0
                    1. same problem since 08/06 and I'm with Orange... so it’s coming from them!!!!
                      0
                      • 1
                      • 2