Windows update error

Solved
Hello,
For the past few days, I’ve been trying to update Windows 10 using Windows Update, but each time I get the following message: error encountered - we could not connect to the update service... we will try again later...
How can I easily resolve this issue? Is it necessary to repair Windows Update?

--
Thank you in advance for your responses. Best regards.

4 answers

  1. Hello,
    My problem is not resolved. Uninstalled Avast - reinstalled Windows 10 - still unable to repair Windows update (still the error message encountered) and unable to update Windows Defender virus protection (stuck on the update from 9/5). I'm starting to despair.

    --
    Thank you in advance to everyone for your responses. Best regards
    0
    1. Moderator
      Have you followed the entire procedure?
      Did you repair Windows 10?
      0
    2. @Malekal_morte-Good evening,
      I have followed the procedure to repair Windows 10 by reinstalling it without losing data, but there has been no result for the Windows Update and Windows Defender updates
      . I have also used WUreset without results, as well as the SFC repair.
      I feel like I have exhausted all possibilities. The message is always the same: "error encountered..." On the other hand, the Defender antivirus works fine (without updates) and Windows 10 is functioning very well too. The issue is these updates that cannot be completed! Oops!! it's mentally exhausting!
      THANK YOU for taking an interest in my problem. Sincerely
      0