Issue with my STOREX

Solved
Hello everyone,
I just acquired a multimedia hard drive from STOREX, model CLUB MPiX-350, 200GB!
So far, I have no complaints; my PC recognizes it perfectly, and after a full formatting and partitioning it my way, I was able to successfully transfer some video files!!
And now, the problem!!!!
I plugged it into my plasma TV, turned it on, and I am faced with an interface that is so complicated for my taste that I can't find my videos!!!!!!
Of course, the user manual is completely outdated regarding navigation in the interface!!
So, does anyone have the same model as mine, and can they provide me with the instructions to access my video files??
Thank you in advance!

114 answers

  1. Try formatting it to FAT32 instead of NTFS!
    134
    1. Salut, I have the same issue; you say that it should be formatted in FAT32 rather than NTFS: but how do you do it? I've tried everything and I can't manage it. Thank you for your help.
      0
    2. @pimpon31Read further in this topic: download the free software SwissKnife (for example on telecharger.com) and let yourself be guided once the software is installed and running.
      0
    3. @pimpon31Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Storex 355
      I formatted the hard drive and now I can only view the files on my PC and I can't see them on the TV anymore. If anyone has the solution, thank you.
      0
    4. @ANTOINEHello everyone, I have the same problem as Antoine. I thought I was doing the right thing by formatting my external hard drive Storex Mpix-351. Actually, my folders appear on the PC but no longer on the television. So I seem to have deleted the reading software or something like that. Is there a solution?
      0
    5. I'M THE SAME AS ON THE COMPUTER, I THINK I SHOULD REDOWNLOAD THE READING SOFTWARE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE.
      PS: I OWN AN MPIX355.
      0
  2. 77190 DAMMARIE LES LYS
    Client code: 075102172
    File N*: 453885
    Sales order N*: 052620140101389
    1
    1. A slightly different problem: the tablet does not recognize either USBs or SDs.. what to do??
      Thanks in advance :)
      0
      1. For issues with unrecognized disks under Windows.

        1/ Test a different USB port (if possible, avoid USB hubs)
        2/ Test on another PC (friend's / work...) (multiple tests are better)

        The disk is recognized on another PC
        -> You have a problem with your PC's USB port

        If the disk is no longer recognized
        3/ If the disk is under warranty: direct customer service
        4/ Otherwise, disassemble the disk and connect it using a USB adapter
        http://www.sataadapter.com/...
        of this kind...

        -> The disk does not start: it is dead... not much to do
        (replace it or give it to a data recovery company $$$$$$ !!)
        -> The disk starts fine: your Storex box is malfunctioning...

        Here are the basics of diagnosis...
        I hope this helps...
        0
        1. I'm taking the liberty to respond regarding the NTFS/FAT32 issue...
          The HDD is in FAT32
          If you format it (erasing data): it won't work.
          The Storex needs to write some things on it during startup.
          However, if you convert it from FAT32 to NTFS (keeping the existing files)...
          then it works.

          https://www.easeus.com/
          There's a free version for 32-bit systems.
          Make sure to: right-click on the FAT32 partition of STOREX
          Right Click > Advanced > Convert
          And there you convert directly to NTFS.

          However, I advise you to be careful and to back up your data first... it works but it's never guaranteed 100%

          Your Storex disk can store files larger than 2GB...
          However, it is still unable to read HD mkv files... there's nothing to be done about that...
          0
          1. impossible to record TV with STOREX HMS 362, completely pointless user manual
            5
            1. Using DD with STOREX MPIX6331r:

              The Storex only recognizes the FAT32 format (this is not mentioned in the manual)
              You need to format the HDD to FAT32: the problem is, with Vista, the maximum size is 32 gigabytes.
              You need to use a very simple little software: "fat32 formatter" which works very well under Vista 32 or 64 bits, and you can easily find it online, and it will reformat the HDD regardless of its size; be aware, it takes quite a while, the larger the HDD (mine is a 320G HDD)
              You can copy photos and movies from your computer; some files may not read, there are so many DivX formats, so try different ones.
              For my part, I copied some photos, and some are displayed poorly, distorted and blurry, while others are fine, mystery! All from the same series of photos!
              Regarding the deletion of recorded TV programs:
              They are stored in the PVR folder; with the remote, go to menu, utilities and follow the procedure (this is not written in the manual)
              No other explanations at the moment, I just bought it.
              0
              1. My HD Storex Club Pocket Disk CL 251 is no longer in the list of my drives in My Computer. I have all my archives on it: some of them are very useful to me. What should I do?
                01 39 54 27 23
                0
                1. HELLO SIMON
                  I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH TOREX 457 AND MAC BOOK PRO ON IMOVIE UNABLE TO PLAY THE MONTAGE MOVIES.
                  DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION?
                  BEST REGARDS
                  0
                  1. Hello, here's for those who have a problem with their multimedia Storex (for me it's the 358 HD)
                    so the AVI files and others don't appear because it needs to be left in FAT32, but the problem is solved since I partitioned and formatted it in FAT32 and NTFS (for files over 4GB). I recommend the program "GPARTED" to burn of course. Restart your PC and then look for your Storex HDD. There you go, happy manipulation.
                    0
                    1. You shouldn't have formatted it because you removed the software that allows it to be read on TV.
                      0
                      1. And how do we get the software????
                        0
                    2. Hello, I also have problems with my Storex. It's a Mpix-457. I'm using a MacBook; with iMovie, I created a slideshow movie, which I then transferred to my external hard drive, but once connected to the TV, the format is not compatible. Apparently, it is impossible to change the format with what I'm using... Is the problem with the external hard drive or the Mac? Does anyone have a solution?
                      0
                      1. my computer does not recognize my storex external hard drive?
                        7
                        1. Hello,

                          I also have problems with my external hard drive Sotex... bought in August, sent for repair twice... they were supposed to send me the higher model... they sent me back mine which still doesn't work...

                          SUMMARY: incompetent customer service!! during the few days it worked, my documents weren't sorted either...
                          Choose another brand if there’s still time!!! :)
                          0
                          1. Hi
                            Have you tried the mpix on another TV?
                            ..because before reaching a conclusion, you should do the test (before questioning the MPIX)
                            Good luck and see you later!
                            0
                            1. hello

                              I bought a multimedia disk MPX 357 320 GB a month or so ago, and for the past 15 days I've had the image on my TV with two black bands that flicker
                              What could this be caused by?

                              Thank you
                              0
                              1. Hello, I have a CLB mpix-355. I've connected it to my PC and it recognizes it, but it doesn't show up in my computer.
                                8
                                1. Hello, my Storex mpix-252 hard drive was working perfectly fine, but now when I plug it into the TV it says there is no disk, and when I connect the USB ports to the computer, the green light on the hard drive turns on but the other lights next to it do not, and the computer doesn't recognize it at all; there's nothing showing up, it's not in My Computer or anything. I don’t understand, can someone help me please, but I don’t know much about this so please don’t use complicated words. Thank you in advance.
                                  0
                                  1. Hello everyone,
                                    I just acquired a Storex MPIX-355 with 500GB and I would like to transfer my personal data from it, but my computer crashes every time. Could someone come to my aid?
                                    Thank you

                                    Configuration: Windows XP
                                    0
                                    1. Problem solved.

                                      I just had to do an update using a USB key (after contacting Storex, who sent it to me by email) placed IN FRONT of my Storex, on which I had saved their file in the root.

                                      See my previous messages for the configuration that caused me so many problems (for example, after formatting in NTFS, my update had to go through the use of a USB key necessarily placed on the front of my STOREX, a step that Storex forgot to mention to me).

                                      Everything is working wonderfully now (knock on plastic and I'm crossing my fingers! to keep it that way).
                                      4
                                      1. You say: "I just had to update using a key (after contacting Storex, which sent it to me by email) placed IN FRONT of my Storex on which (the key) I had saved - in the root - their file."
                                        Do you still have that file and, if so, can you send it to me? I have the same problem as you...
                                        Thank you in advance.
                                        0
                                      2. from now on (January 2011) storex doesn't even bother to respond to users of the pocket mpix252... result, the same problem as other posts, but no solution... thanks storex
                                        0
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 3
                                    • 4
                                    • 5
                                    • 6