Using my Sennheiser TV headphones
Hello,
As I am going to change my TV soon and I use a Sennheiser RS 5000 headset, the jack plug on TVs is no longer present or is very rare, I tried to connect the BUDS via the Orange decoder and it works. I hear the TV on the Buds and on the TV set, which is what I want.
Sure it is possible to buy a new Bluetooth headset but those I found are not in-ear and this implies a budget of at least 250€.
If I knew the type of adapter likely to work correctly for the desired use, namely that this adapter is recognized by the decoder and then plugged into the headset base, it would perhaps allow me to receive the TV sound in the headset and thus avoid an unnecessary purchase.
While searching, I find many products but my knowledge is limited, so I would like to ask if someone could help me choose or the type of adapter to consider purchasing.
On Amazon there are many, but for a novice like me it remains complicated.
Thank you for your help
Sincerely
Henri
2 answers
-
Moderator
Hello,
Is there an Optical output on the TV, and a Variable Volume mode on the Optical output?
Use an Optical DAC with a Jack output
Or an Optical DAC with a headphone output and volume control if the TV's Optical output is not variable in volume.
-
ModeratorHello,
Which TV (brand and model) do you plan to buy?
As Fabul notes, if this TV has an optical digital audio output, you don’t need anything besides an optical cable. An optical cable, which, if I’m not mistaken, is generally included with the Sennheiser RS 5000 headset.
Currently almost all TVs come with this type of optical audio output. Still, check before purchase as there are a few TVs without any audio output.
Note: the Orange decoder also has an optical (S/PDIF) audio output; you can connect directly to it.
---
Very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room, especially when it isn’t there...