Issue with my STOREX
Solved
Hello everyone,
I just acquired a multimedia hard drive from STOREX, model CLUB MPiX-350, 200GB!
So far, I have no complaints; my PC recognizes it perfectly, and after a full formatting and partitioning it my way, I was able to successfully transfer some video files!!
And now, the problem!!!!
I plugged it into my plasma TV, turned it on, and I am faced with an interface that is so complicated for my taste that I can't find my videos!!!!!!
Of course, the user manual is completely outdated regarding navigation in the interface!!
So, does anyone have the same model as mine, and can they provide me with the instructions to access my video files??
Thank you in advance!
I just acquired a multimedia hard drive from STOREX, model CLUB MPiX-350, 200GB!
So far, I have no complaints; my PC recognizes it perfectly, and after a full formatting and partitioning it my way, I was able to successfully transfer some video files!!
And now, the problem!!!!
I plugged it into my plasma TV, turned it on, and I am faced with an interface that is so complicated for my taste that I can't find my videos!!!!!!
Of course, the user manual is completely outdated regarding navigation in the interface!!
So, does anyone have the same model as mine, and can they provide me with the instructions to access my video files??
Thank you in advance!
114 answers
-
Try formatting it to FAT32 instead of NTFS!
-
-
@pimpon31Read further in this topic: download the free software SwissKnife (for example on telecharger.com) and let yourself be guided once the software is installed and running.
-
@pimpon31Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Storex 355
I formatted the hard drive and now I can only view the files on my PC and I can't see them on the TV anymore. If anyone has the solution, thank you. -
@ANTOINEHello everyone, I have the same problem as Antoine. I thought I was doing the right thing by formatting my external hard drive Storex Mpix-351. Actually, my folders appear on the PC but no longer on the television. So I seem to have deleted the reading software or something like that. Is there a solution?
-
-
-
UP
-
My computer does not recognize my Storex external hard drive?
-
Hi, I had the same issue. I bought a Club MPix 355 500GB. At first, it didn't recognize it. Then I sent it to them and they supposedly repaired it, but when I received it, the same problem was still there. They didn't even want to cover it under warranty, so I dropped the matter and bought another one for myself. Storex is total crap.
-
@morad34FOR Christmas 2007, my children gave me a STOREX club MPIX 355. I was never able to use it; it crashed my computer, everything was messed up, and it never worked.
Thank you for your help.
REGARDS
gege -
Hello.
I have a similar problem. I have a portable STOREX: a Pocket. At first, it was recognized without any ambiguity and worked perfectly. For a few months now (after changing the hard drive and reinstalling Windows), there has been an issue:
1)) After plugging it into the USB port, detection seems to be successful. The detection message appears. 2°) Almost immediately, another message appears, indicating that a problem has occurred. The disk does not show up in My Computer, nor in Disk Management. I chose the NTFS file system. Could this be the cause? -
-
-
Quelles sont les étapes à suivre pour formater un disque dur externe ?
-
-
@clin_d_oeilHello, I have the same problem. Did you get a response? When I connect my OTG Mobi disk hard drive, it is not recognized by my PC "USB device not recognized". Yet under XP, the hard drive was plug and play and worked very well before.
-
@clin_d_oeilHello
my Storex Mpix 252 B
crashes my computers
what to do
it doesn’t even show up on the desktop
thank you
bye grandpa -
-
-
If you can't find your files, click on the "setup" button on your remote and in the "sort" section, set it to sort by folders (this is to be done when you have the menu on screen).
There you go, see you later! -
Hi,
I have the same gear as you, can you tell me what the USB cable that goes with it is like because I've lost mine;
Thanks in advance -
I just bought one, a 500 GB, but my problem is that I want to see the folders, not the files. In the manual, they say to go to the display menu, but I don't have the display menu in setup. Please explain to me. Thank you.
-
For g4b7, there is a button on the remote called "FILE", just press it and it should work...
I have a Club MPix 355 and when I connect it to the TV, it works normally but everything is in black and white, not just the videos but even the menu is in black and white... Do you have any solution?? Thank you-
Hi
I had the same problem as you, and I found the answer on the mpix-355 site (www.storex.eu).
SOLUTION: go to the menu of your MPIX graphical interface, then go to SETUP and then PREFERENCES, and there find a tab related to display, then select PAL (video standard in force in France), then exit SETUP. And BAM, the color is magical!!! -
@VANARNHello,
I'm looking to get the STOREX Club MPIX-355 500 GB! But the problem I'm encountering is that it stays in standby mode when I connect it to my LCD screen!
Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
Cheers! -
@rony-henryHello, have you thought about switching the switch at the back of your hard drive to the PLAY position?
-
@VANARNI tried, but it's still in black and white...!
-
-
-
I have just acquired a DD MPIX-355 that works correctly; however, I have a problem with the USB. My PC is equipped with USB 2.0, the DD operates in USB 2.0 (as stated in the documentation) but when connected to the PC, it correctly detects the DD as a high-speed device (USB 2.0) but tells me that there is no high-speed port available for the DD, so the DD works but at low speed (USB 1.1). Have you encountered a similar problem? Thank you for your help.
-
thank you for your response...... it suits me well...... but we must not forget to turn it off and turn it back on after entering the menu...... (at first I turned it off then back on, and I thought it wasn't working for me)........
for your problem, try changing the USB port because your PC only has a certain number of high-speed USB ports and they may all be occupied.......-
Hi jeje,
Glad I could help you out.
As for my problem, there’s no solution. I tested all my ports one by one, I unplugged all my USB peripherals to leave only the disk, and it’s still the same (low speed). I uninstalled all my USB ports (USB Universal Host Controller Rev 5 or later VIA) and then rebooted my machine. All the ports were detected and reinstalled, but the problem is still there. All my drivers are up to date. The PC runs on XP Home Edition SP2. (Everything needed for it to work is there, but it’s not working!!!!!!)
I tested the MPIX-355 on another PC: same symptoms (notably, on this PC, an external multimedia disk from another brand works properly!!)
So I’m wondering if the cause of the problem might be the USB cable itself. (The HDD is well detected in USB2, but could the cable be limiting the speed?) -
@VANARNPROBLEM SOLVED
I brought my hard drive back to the store, which sent it to the manufacturer. The verdict was that the USB2 controller board of my hard drive was dead. They replaced it and everything is back to normal.
-
-
slt VANARN......... I don’t really know what to say to you, this thing seems pretty weird...... the only thing I can suggest is to go to the STOREX website and check out the online technical support........ explain your problem well and they’ll get back to you by email within 48 hours..... they really do respond because I tried for the problem I had without expecting a reply, but I was surprised to receive an email from them.......... I think you have nothing to lose trying that........... @+
-
I can't read the movies I have on my Storex. When I connect it to my TV, I only see: file library
ROOT used: bytes
that's all. Yet, there are movies on the hard drive.-
-
@rafsame problem on the mpix 357 that I just bought.
I can no longer see the files on the OI even though they are present on the sisque as I am using 52% of the memory and can see part of it on the TL;
If I want to defragment, the system tells me to run chkdsk/f.
What is this and of course STOREX is no longer responding.
WHAT A RIP-OFF !!!!
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON THE NEXT STEPS TO TAKE? -
@GnouHello
I have exactly the same problem with my mmpix357 which is no longer recognized by my computer. Did you manage to get it working again? What is the procedure? I’ve tried everything and nothing has worked. Don’t buy this brand anymore and boycott it... it’s crap!
Under warranty they replaced it for me twice to no avail! Now the warranty has just expired and I wonder if it’s worth repairing it when I can get a brand new one for the same price, but I will complain to Storex because there are many returns at CARREFOUR. I see that I'm not the only one facing these issues! If there are hidden defects, even without a warranty, repairs should be covered 100%. I speak from experience.
You can reply to the address above if... you have a solution to propose.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
A furious internet user! -
-
-
I have the same problem as you, there are only files with weird names and nothing else, thanks.
-
I just acquired a CLUB MPIX 355 320 GB hard drive, and when I connect it to the TV, I see nothing at all—no files, no folders, no screen, no menu—yet my hard drive contains movies, photos, and songs. Please help. If you have encountered the same problem, did you find a solution? Thank you for your response.
-
-
-
I also had a lot of issues with my MPIX 355 (320G°)
One day it sees the hard drive and sometimes it doesn't (a USB stick connected to the front port is only visible when the hard drive is not recognized!
I managed to fix the problem: Simply by changing the hard drive (120GB)... since then NO MORE PROBLEMS!!!
Is it related to large capacity drives??? (to check with Storex) -
@jasonHello Jason
Excuse me! I'm absent so I'm responding late to your email and I want to thank you; the STOREX MPIX 357 issue is resolved!... It has been thrown in the trash after 1 year and 2 months of service. The reason... repair costs were too high!
Additionally, I have another small piece of information to ask you. I can no longer open Google Earth once it's downloaded.
The error is as follows: this add-on is on an unavailable network, Google Earth MSI, what is the procedure? Thanks in advance
amjord3 -
-
-
PROBLEM WITH storex MPIX 357
I can no longer see the names of the files currently on my multi hard drive. However, I can still see some of them on the TV.
The hard drive was purchased less than a month ago at CARREFOUR and is already broken!!!!!!.
Only
additional information. If I try to defragment, the OS reports that it has detected that the execution of the command chkdsk/f. has been scheduled for the storex volume.
What is this about?
Does anyone have any idea how to execute this command? Otherwise, how can I contact storex by email?
I fear that my initial contacts with STOREX do not bode well for a serious company.
Thank you to anyone who can provide me with a solution.-
Hello
I will see if my STOREX disk can be exchanged without warranty because it's the third one. Should I complain to STOREX or boycott the brand, since all the internet users are complaining? This device is no longer recognized by the different computers. I have tried everything and nothing works. If someone has a solution, please reply to me.
Thanks in advance
amjord3 -
@amjord3Hello,
The best thing is to call Storex customer service to explain your issue. I know, it's a premium-rate number but they can call you back and it might be worth it. I had a sound issue that was only coming through one channel, and the hard drive exchange through Carrefour's customer service didn't solve it.
I called Storex customer service, who opened a case number for me and sent me a return envelope for the equipment with postage due. The device was returned to me repaired 10 days later; the problem was due to a ribbon cable that was originally incompatible and was therefore replaced. Since then, no issues, everything works fine.
Good luck. -
@tontondidHello and thank you for the response, unfortunately it came too late! ... I lost my mind with this damn STOREX 357 hard drive, I threw it in the trash, it was only a year and a half old. All my memories lost!... I add... repair is too expensive. Tell all internet users to boycott this brand, I’m going to get an Iomega, it's safer! Thanks again.
amjord3
-
-
Hi, why do some video files show up fine on my Store 357 when I'm connected to the PC but not when I'm connected to my television? (Some videos are missing) I suspect it's a format issue like DVD or something else. Can you explain to me how to fix my problem?
Thank you. -
delete the blank about file from your computer and that's it
-
Hi!
I'm looking to buy a media hard drive, so I'm doing some research...
On Pixmania, I saw the Storex and it looks like it has a screen, but it doesn't mention it in the description...
So does it have one or not?
Thank you! -
Hello,
I just read your message, I have the same problem – the interface and the movies are in black and white... I'm glad to have read the solution to my problem, I immediately tried the SETUP > PREFERENCE procedure but on my interface "Preference" is not active (it's grayed out) :-( How did you manage to make it active? It's also an MPIX 355 Storex
Thank you for your answers...-
-
-
@StuartHi everyone, same problem, formatting in FAT32 with the Storex utility recognized by the system but impossible to copy anything onto it. Disassembled, connected directly via SATA in my tower, works fine under XP and Vista. FAT32 formatting from my tower works great as an internal hard drive. Arghhhh! Remounted in the Storex enclosure and same issue, impossible to copy anything. Haaaaaaaaaaa, Storex, what a piece of junk! How to make money, lol, sell Storex, what a scam. So I bought a Samsung We Media which is much more reliable and much more efficient.
-
-
Hello,
In the manual it says:
In the "DISPLAY MENU", you have the choice
between two options: "BY FOLDERS" and "BY FILES".
I can't seem to get to this menu, could someone please help me?
Thanks!
- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
- 5
- 6
Next