échec du disque flexible (40)

Solved
I need to start by pressing the F1 key - message: floppy disk fail -40- can someone help me resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance regards best regards

40 answers

  1. Contributor
    try this: enter the BIOS then check disabled on the floppy drive A, save with the F10 key and let me know the result.
    --
    the druid without the potion.
    37
    1. Salut, moi c'est Yvan. J'ai déjà essayé les deux, mais après un certain temps, ça écrit "The first boot have been changed etc..." Tu n'as pas un autre truc ? Moi aussi, ça me saoule.
      0
    2. It works!

      Best regards
      0
    3. <translation>small problem I can get into the BIOS but I am a novice where should I go to find the floppy A drive
      thank you</translation>
      0
    4. What does floppy disk 40 mean?
      Is my hard drive crashed???????????????
      Please respond to me
      and thank you.
      0
    5. Contributor
      Nothing to do with your hard drive
      floppy disk is a diskette
      0
  2. Hello,
    I have the same problem "Floppy disk fail" (it doesn't bother me too much)
    But also when I go to My Computer, the second CD drive is not detected while the first one is. And also when I insert a floppy disk into the drive, it tells me when I double-click on it, "insert a disk into drive A"
    And that will be annoying because I need the floppy drive :s

    Thank you in advance
    I hope that the druid and jmp59 are still around ^^
    0
    1. Hello everyone :) (Thanks to all)

      my solution is to my problem solved.

      At PC startup I had the F1, floppy disk fail problem.
      When starting the PC press DELETE, in the BIOS (advanced BIOS features)
      find (boot Up Floppy Seek) set to disabled instead of Enabled F10 save
      restart ;) good luck bye bye
      9
      1. Thank you so much, it worked!!! Thank you MaXtor-Blink
        0
      2. A big thank you to you! I did exactly what you said, you saved me, lol! Thank you!
        0
      3. Cool! Thanks!
        0
      4. I followed this procedure, but the floppy disk drive still doesn't work,
        so what should I do?
        0
      5. Contributor
        Of course, the proposed method is to avoid the message: floppy disk fail -40- when not using the floppy disk drive.
        0
    2. Contributor
      43
      0
      1. It doesn't answer my question! (I know it's number 43) Just a yes or no is asked.
        0
    3. I had the same issue on my PC. But can we simply disable the floppy disk drive (that's the floppy disk drive) in the device manager?
      0
      1. Thank you for the solution: the druid

        "Try this: enter the BIOS, then check disabled on floppy drive A, save with F10 and come back to tell me the result."

        Thank you very much!
        3
        1. Hey guys =)
          Thanks for all the info! I learned something new and thanks to that, I was able to fix my dad's PC ^^
          Indeed, assembling your own tower seems like a mountain, but in the end it's just Lego :p /love ^^ and it's really rewarding in the end :)

          Have fun!
          0
          1. Contributor
            That's what you believe like most people who don't know much or anything at all
            But as soon as you reach a certain level of skill, you realize that it's much more flexible and enjoyable than a brand-name PC.

            --
            To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
            0
            1. thank you for the advice

              the advantage of custom-built PCs is their price but for the configuration it’s true that it quickly becomes a mess
              0
              1. hello

                I have a mini PC tower that doesn't have a floppy disk drive but a DVD reader-writer.

                I got the message floppy disk(s) fail (40). So I checked the connections of the CD drive. I don't know much about BIOS and I don't want to mess up my computer too much.

                Thanks in advance
                0
                1. Hi ama

                  This error message, which I also encountered (see the forum thread), comes from the "basic" program of your computer, the one that starts it up before handing over to Windows, and it's called the BIOS.
                  This program, by default, and for "historical" reasons, is set up to look for a floppy disk drive.
                  If this floppy disk drive is missing, from time to time it sends the error message about the absence of the floppy disk drive that you noticed.
                  This is mainly applicable to assembled computers, of course.

                  The solution to remedy this is to access this program and indicate that the floppy disk drive is absent.

                  But if you're not used to this kind of manipulation, my advice is to have someone do it for you, either at the store that sold you the PC, in case it’s an assembled one, or by a friend (or a female friend, no sexism here....) who has a bit of experience.

                  You could easily mess up your PC with a wrong manipulation in the BIOS.

                  I tried to simplify it as much as possible... I hope you understood me... ;-)

                  Good luck
                  0
              2. I saw that Alsim succeeded. I have the same problem with Floppy 3.

                What should I do?? I don't understand anything about the link.
                Does anyone have the detailed step-by-step solution??

                Thank you
                0
                1. Hi everyone!
                  I also had that problem and I solved it thanks to you. I just wanted to say thank you! :D
                  0
                  1. Well then, what should I do? I have a DVD player that reads all of them, a DVD burner that reads all except RDL or DL, I don't know
                    but I don't have a floppy disk drive, it's useless to me,
                    what should I do???
                    http://alirouslan.Skyrock.com
                    Galirouslan@hotmail.com
                    0
                    1. what aggression... it's pointless, and besides, we say hello when we're polite and expecting a response...

                      Otherwise, if you read the topic, you'll see that it has nothing to do with your DVD, but that this message is due to the absence of a floppy disk drive; in fact, your default BIOS is searching for it, can't find it, and goes into error...

                      solution: tell it that there is no floppy disk drive

                      hence the need to enter the BIOS, disable the floppy disk drive, save the change, & have fun!
                      0
                    2. @ManuI am going to put FIRST BOOK on HARD DISK ... you are all nice here !!!!
                      0
                  2. Uh hello, I had the same problem as some of you here with floppy disk files (40) but when I press

                    F1 it launches and asks me what my boot option is, I choose to start normally and then I see the

                    Windows logo with the loading bar below ... well, mine is stuck there and doesn't go any further ... Is my PC

                    "dead"? :s

                    Thanks for your help...
                    0
                    1. I just want to take a moment to thank you; I also had this problem (floppy disk fail) and I fixed it thanks to this forum...

                      So thanks again, and long live help forums!!!
                      0
                      1. Contributor
                        You have all the explanations here http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/sujet 389 bios access to the bios setup

                        --
                        To err is human, to persist (in error) is diabolical.
                        0
                        1. Salut, le problème c'est que je n'ai pas de lecteur de disquette et ça me le fait aussi.
                          2
                          1. Hello, I followed the instructions for the BIOS and thank you
                            now I have another problem:
                            I was in the BIOS and I highlighted boot up floppy seek disable instead of enable
                            everything is working fine, I no longer have floppy disk fail 40 appearing but I can no longer enter the BIOS when I press delete. What should I do? Thank you for responding, I’m starting to despair.
                            0
                            • 1
                            • 2