échec du disque flexible (40)

Solved
I need to start by pressing the F1 key - message: floppy disk fail -40- can someone help me resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance regards best regards

40 answers

  1. Contributor
    try this: enter the BIOS then check disabled on the floppy drive A, save with the F10 key and let me know the result.
    --
    the druid without the potion.
    37
    1. Salut, moi c'est Yvan. J'ai déjà essayé les deux, mais après un certain temps, ça écrit "The first boot have been changed etc..." Tu n'as pas un autre truc ? Moi aussi, ça me saoule.
      0
    2. It works!

      Best regards
      0
    3. <translation>small problem I can get into the BIOS but I am a novice where should I go to find the floppy A drive
      thank you</translation>
      0
    4. What does floppy disk 40 mean?
      Is my hard drive crashed???????????????
      Please respond to me
      and thank you.
      0
    5. Contributor
      Nothing to do with your hard drive
      floppy disk is a diskette
      0
  2. Contributor
    Hi,

    You might have a problem with your floppy disk drive... Try unplugging it to give it a try.
    --
    The druid without the potion.
    12
    1. Hallelujah, it works. Thank you, the druid.
      -1
      1. Hi, I have the same problem but my speaker is already unplugged, it's annoying me.
        0
        1. Hi Yvan,
          you need to set your HDD in place of the floppy as the first boot in the BIOS

          Have a nice day
          --
          Solidus at your service
          -------------------------------
          0
          1. Hello, I also need to set my hard drive as the first boot device. Can you explain it to me? Thank you.
            0
        2. Hi "snake" solidus,
          apparently it worked really well, I even have the impression that my PC is running faster than before.
          Thank you very much!
          Yvan974.
          0
          1. You're welcome, I'm here for that

            Have a nice day
            --
            Solidus at your service
            -------------------------------
            0
            1. Hello, I have an old computer and I have floppy disk(s) fail, but the problem is that I have Windows 2000.
              Do you have a solution to get my computer running again like before?
              0
              1. Hi Charles, when you start your computer, you enter the BIOS, disable the floppy and set the HD as the "first boot device."
                It worked for me, let me know if it works for you please.
                Good luck man!
                Yvan 974
                0
            2. Contributor
              Windows 9x, Me, 2K, XP or Vista, it doesn't change
              --
              To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
              0
              1. Contributor
                According to the BIOS, it's

                Sometimes Enabled/Disabled
                Sometimes Installed/Not Installed

                --
                To err is human, to persist (in error) is diabolical.
                0
                1. Good evening

                  I still checked the connections, in fact, I hadn't pushed the floppy disk reader's plug in all the way

                  yet I hadn't drunk anything at that moment, but anyway

                  I still thank everyone who responded to me
                  0
                  1. You're welcome, I didn't really do much but I hope the little conversation helped you (apparently it did). Well, my advice is if you don't drink, then don't start (lol)!
                    yvan 974
                    -1
                    1. At startup of the PC, a floppy disk fail 40 error is what?
                      -1
                      1. Hello,
                        check if your floppy disk drive is properly connected.
                        Otherwise, enter the BIOS and you'll see that your computer boots from something when it starts up (it's called first boot); if the first boot is set to floppy disk, change it to hard disk (HD) or the CD drive.
                        Then restart to see if it works; it worked for me.
                        Keep me posted anyway, please; I'd appreciate it.
                        Have a great day!
                        yvan974
                        6
                        1. It's fixed; it was a 4-pin connector that was unplugged, which I hadn't seen because it was hidden behind the ribbon cables.
                          3
                          1. Hello again,
                            it's cool if it works again. See you later and have a good evening (well, yeah, it's evening now at my place).
                            yvan974
                            0
                            1. It can also be due to the fact that the cable of the drive is connected the wrong way at the drive (not from the motherboard).
                              Unplug it and plug the cable in the other way....
                              3
                              1. Hello floppy disk fail (40) BIOS how do we access it please thank you
                                1
                                1. Hi, can someone help me with this message (floppy disk fail (40)) when I start my computer?
                                  0
                                2. le floppy disk 40 and the diskette try to unplug it
                                  0
                              2. I went to the BIOS as you said, I didn't find floppy A but there is floppy 3. What should I do? Help, thanks.
                                0
                                • 1
                                • 2