Reboot time after BIOS flash?

Solved
Hello,
How long does it take to reboot the PC after flashing a BIOS via Asus Update?
Thank you
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

18 answers

  1. What?! You want to know how long you have to wait to reboot it? Well, you can do it right away or wait 10 seconds just to be safe, but not longer.
    1
    1. Hi
      I flashed the BIOS using the ASUS update.
      At the end of the flash, it asked me to reboot ... which I did, and then the PC restarts but it's a black screen ...
      No action possible.
      After waiting for 10 to 15 minutes, I did a reset.
      The new BIOS is there, but I'm worried about the outcome of the operation I performed.
      Do you have any advice??
      1
      1. Well, it's normal; he needs to update the BIOS, configure it, and all that!
        So problem solved?!
        1
        1. what do you mean?!
          does your PC start up fine?
          do you have your XP?
          0
          1. Hi The Fly Fab,

            "Do you have any advice??": Yes, you've been warned little rascal :D

            More seriously, the best thing is to restore the BIOS to its original state (before you started tinkering with it, in fact). To do this, since you have an Asus motherboard, you can use the "Asus OC Profile" function (if you configured it...)

            Bye.
            0
            1. Hi, and thanks already
              Actually, no, I hadn't configured it. I did save my original BIOS though. I'll take a look.
              But I have a quick question
              The revision of my BIOS at startup is indeed the right one, so how can I tell if the flashing worked or not??
              Because I won't mess with it if it's good.
              0
              1. Re,

                Well, to see if everything is working fine, you can already restart your PC to see if it behaves in the same way, that is to say, booting in the same amount of time as you described above.

                Otherwise, nothing prevents you from going to check without saving anything.

                Bye.
                0
                1. re
                  the PC reboots fine ... it's just after the flashing that it restarted in a weird way, namely black screen
                  0
                  1. euh ... yes but how long do you have to wait after flashing the BIOS before it restarts??
                    0
                    1. Re,

                      That's good then, because it’s really a very delicate element often "mistreated" wrongly without caution: I'm not saying this for you :PP.

                      "Well, it's normal he needs to update the BIOS, configure it and all that!":
                      I've never seen such a long time.

                      "So, problem solved?!": That's not false ;))

                      Looking forward to it.
                      0
                  2. Well, actually, you just need to restart it once; either you're lucky and it's already applied, or it's not applied, so you start it, black screen, you wait a bit
                    you turn it off, you reboot.
                    0
                    1. Ok thanks
                      So if I understand correctly
                      I flash
                      I restart
                      the black screen on restart
                      I turn off the PC (brutally)
                      I restart
                      and if it boots and the BIOS version appears correctly on the startup screen
                      is that good??

                      Am I right??
                      0
                      1. Re,

                        ""the black screen at restart
                        I turn off the PC (like a brute)
                        " :

                        Binhh ... if it doesn't come back on its own, yeah, you don't have a choice ...

                        ++
                        0
                        1. lol ok thanks for the info
                          (sorry for being such a pain)
                          0
                          1. Re,

                            "lol ok thanks for the info" : No problem.

                            "(sorry for being such a burden)" : No, not at all, you have to say that. You managed to flash your BIOS on the first try without any issues (especially since if you mess up in the BIOS, boom!, it's a guaranteed major crash ...), that's really good, it means you did the right steps.

                            Bye.
                            0
                            1. Yeah, when you flash the BIOS, you wait a little moment, time to go check the paste or smoke a cigarette or have a coffee just to make sure everything installs properly, and then you reboot!
                              0
                              1. Re,

                                Yeah, that's right, you even have time to go and get yourself f*****.
                                Everything is said.

                                Best regards.
                                0
                                1. Yes, that's exactly what I meant!
                                  0
                                  1. LOL !
                                    0