Problem with laposte.net email storage increasing?

Hello, since my husband's PC was hacked and my PC was blocked for security at the same time, the storage of my laposte.net email which was at 60% then rose to 80% after the issue was resolved. I therefore removed the unwanted folders, emptied the trash, checked each folder from oldest to newest, removed the largest and unnecessary ones, nothing helped. I asked the IA which told me to contact online help but there has been no reply to date. Every day, the storage goes up even though I delete emails, and now storage is over 99%. I wanted to know if I could archive the folders I want to keep until 2025 to another free email address and keep the one I have only for emails of 2026, so that the storage would be very low. Thank you for your answer only by email.

4 answers

  1. Hello,

    Answers are given at the place where the question was asked here on the CCM forum!

    When an account has been compromised by an ill-intentioned person, it is preferable to delete it and create a new one with different credentials.

    The AI makes mistakes! For this type of free messaging service, it is unlikely that a reply will be provided following a support request by email or other means.
    1
    1. Thank you for your quick reply. After the hacking, the names were changed and the passwords

      I was given this free email address because I needed one and didn’t know where to go.

      You are right, the AI may have made a mistake because it has been more than a week since I waited for a response from the customer service at la poste.net. He/they just told me that it was following my message, asked for the concerned email address, and since July 29 I have been waiting for their explanation.

      I wanted to know if you know another free email service where I could have transferred the emails I want to keep until 2025. Thanks again for your help

      0
      1. You're welcome.

        https://workspace.google.com/intl/fr/gmail/
        0
    2. Hello, thank you for your link.

      As I already had a Gmail address for work, I created another one for personal use. Then, since La Poste folders didn’t transfer to Gmail, I installed Thunderbird but I had difficulty configuring my La Poste address and Gmail on the same program.

      Then, I wanted to select the important mails from each folder I kept from La Poste on Gmail, but they went to incoming mail, and afterward, I would have had to sort by folder, so I preferred copying the entire La Poste folders to Gmail and then deleting the mails on La Poste since they were duplicates and keeping only the last 2 years.

      It was about time because when I started, the storage was at 99.5 and now it has dropped a lot. Thanks again for helping me.

      0
      1. Hello,

        You're welcome, best of luck with your work.

        0
      2. 0
    3. Hello, the problem isn't resolved because I keep copying my folders from LaPoste into Gmail and the loading freezes even though I still have many folders to copy.

      I searched the internet and I think it comes from Google Photos and the other Gmail address, so I cleaned up on that side as well.

      I wanted to know if I could create more Gmail addresses, how many, and whether I would have enough space to copy since each Gmail address has its own quota. Thanks for your help.

      0