Java installation file issue

Solved

Hello, so here it is, I wanted to update my Java so I uninstalled it.

Then I downloaded the installation file for the latest 64-bit version, but I'm unable to launch the installation file. I've tried all their installation files, as well as compressing it with WinRAR and decompressing it. I'm out of ideas, so any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance

5 answers

  1. Hello,

    The question was asked recently.

    Besides unlocking the file, you need to make sure that after possibly choosing to display file extensions in Windows, you have downloaded the exe executable and not the compressed gz version (in which case there is obviously nothing to decompress).

    0
    1. Moderator

      Hello,

      Try the offline version -->> Java <<--

      Select the desired version.


      0
      1. Problem solved, it was Mozilla that downloaded the file in binary, I just had to switch to another browser.

        0
        1. Moderator
           Mozilla downloading the file in binary

          Don't understand?

          So, it wasn't an executable?

          I'd like to understand, give us more info

          Thank you.


          0
          1. Hello,

            There has probably been a confusion between JSE and JRE, both available in exe and gz formats, but by definition the binary sources in the first case.

            0
          2. Moderator
            @brucine

            Hello brucine,

            My question is why it doesn't work with Firefox but is fine with the others?

            0
          3. @kaneagle

            I am curious to understand why Firefox is blocking this file, while all the other Oracle tools are correctly downloaded as exe except for this one. Is there a problematic setting in my Firefox or is it a general issue?

            0
          4. @kaneagle

            Like you, I see no reason for that: a browser downloads what you ask it to download, unless you have set it to open a certain extension instead of saving the file.

            0
        2. Moderator

          What is the file extension under Firefox?


          0