Pfsense package installation

Solved
Hello,
I have a pfsense machine on an ESXi server. My pfsense is not (yet) connected to the internet (it will be when the solution is ready)
I need to install a reverse proxy, so the squid package.
I downloaded the package on a workstation with an internet connection and transferred it to my pfsense via WinSCP.
I wanted to know how to install this package via the command line; I can't find much regarding pfsense management through the command line... which you might say is normal!! I don't know much about FreeBSD, and I feel like the commands in FreeBSD are still a bit different in pfsense...
Otherwise, I'm familiar with the Debian distribution and I don't think it should be too different, so feel free to help!!

So my question is clear: How to manually install a package on pfsense via command line?

2 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello,

    PFSense allows the installation of packages via its "Package Manager" and squid is part of it. Why make life more complicated?

    --
    _______________________________ ☯ Zen my nuggets ☮ ______________________________
    Do something for the environment, close your windows and adopt a penguin… 🐧
    0
    1. Hello, how are you? This is the problem I'm currently facing: the package refuses to install despite the updates I've made. If you could help me, please.

      0
    2. Moderator
      @Aysher

      Hello Aysher,

      Thank you for not posting in a resolved topic in the future and for opening a new discussion.

      • Which Linux distribution are you using?
      • After updating your system, did you try installing squid through your package manager? Assuming you are on Debian or a derivative distribution, what does the following command yield:
      sudo apt install squid

      Good luck

      0