External DVD Drive Issue

Hello everyone, I have an Asus laptop running Windows 10. I bought an external disk drive which is recognized by my computer (I can see the audio/video files on the DVD but I can't play it). The first time I inserted a DVD, it directed me to the Windows Store and, as advised elsewhere on this forum, I downloaded the VLC app. Since then, when I insert the DVD, it automatically opens the Windows Store but I still don't know how to play my DVD...
I feel like this is a bit of a silly problem, so thank you in advance for your suggestions!

8 answers

  1. Contributor
    right-click on the start button
    control panel
    copy and paste or type: autoplay
    in the search box at the top right
    check the box use autoplay for all media and devices.
    then dvd section
    dvd movies and on the same line you drop down the little arrow and select vlc
    to finish click on save at the bottom of the window.

    --
    scalpel
    7
    1. Thank you, I found the dropdown menu, but VLC does not appear in it (only "File Explorer," "search for new apps in the Windows Store,"...) yet the app seems to be installed on my computer since I can open it (it's the free app, exact name "VLC for Windows Store").
      0
    2. I have been trying to solve the exact same issue for several days, thank you a thousand times

      0