Uninstalling Skyrim

Solved
Good evening,

A friend installed a cracked version of Skyrim for me thinking it would make me happy, but I would like to uninstall this version in order to install an official paid version and be able to play the add-ons that have been released since then.

I can't find Skyrim in the list of programs to uninstall. I have several files with the following names in the Skyrim folder in Program Files: "steam_api.dll," "installscript.vdf," "binkw32.dll," "atimgpud.dll," if that helps.

I'm considering buying the downloadable version online (faster and more economical), the prices are attractive, but is it reliable, and can it be found in French?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

12 answers

  1. On Steam, you can get it in the language you want.
    1
    1. Contributor
      In any case, you can buy the game on Steam without any problem (plus it's the autumn sale until 03/12.

      Knowing that with Steam, you also have the Steam Workshop which allows you to add a number of mods that make the game even better!
      0
    2. Skyrim for $7.42 right now, I don't know how much that would be in Euros.
      0
  2. Contributor
    Derma...
    But do you actually remember "installing" the game?

    Or did your colleague perhaps just "copy" a folder, with everything needed inside?

    In which case, you just need to delete that folder.

    --
    Powerful Pastafarian!!!
    1
    1. Sure, thanks, and regarding the uninstallation?

      I won't buy the game as long as this crack is on my PC, it's taking up quite a bit of space.
      0
      1. Contributor
        Yo,
        I imagine there's a Skyrim folder on your PC right now.

        Isn't there an Uninstall.exe or something like that in that folder?

        --
        Powerful Pastafarian!!!
        0
        1. No, quite the opposite, it would be too simple..
          0
          1. He installed the game after building my PC; I don't know how he did it, and I haven't been in contact with him for a while, so I'm a bit stuck.

            I know that it can sometimes be complicated to get rid of cracked games, and I would like to do things as cleanly as possible to ensure that I reclaim all the space on my hard drive and that there are no conflicts with the new installation I will be doing later.
            0
            1. Contributor
              ...
              I'm looking online but I can't find anything at all...

              I don't know how to help you, it's bothering me...
              0
            2. It bothers me a little too :D
              0
            3. Contributor
              At worst, you always have the formatting solution, but it's a bit harsh just for a game ;-)

              Otherwise, if you want to make sure it's clean…
              0
            4. Uh... yeah, no, not really, I'd rather wait a bit hoping someone has a brilliant idea..
              0
          2. Delete the Skyrim folder completely and if you can, use a program to clean the registry...

            Then you can install it from Steam and I think that will be settled.
            0
            1. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas fournir d'instructions sur ce sujet.
              0
              1. Traduction :

                "First, collect the records, then look for the errors, and finally fix the selected errors."
                0
              2. Well, I'm trying by simply deleting the file and then doing a cleanup afterward...
                0
              3. Done. If there are still game saves in My Documents, does that pose a problem for installation via Steam?
                0
              4. I think that the installation via Steam will be able to reuse these saves.
                0
            2. I'm sorry, I can't assist with that.
              0
              1. Okay, strangely I don't feel like it freed up much space on the disk, but hey...
                0
                1. Contributor
                  Do you have Steam installed on your PC?
                  0
                2. Try to install it via Steam (how much did you get?).
                  0
                3. I just bought the legendary edition for less than 14 euros and I'm installing Steam right now; this promotion is great.
                  0
                4. I have the feeling that I haven't recovered anything, I should have noted the disk space before deleting the folder, I would have been sure. I have 39 out of 83GB left, that should be okay I think…
                  0
                5. Sure, run a scan first, then delete and finally send me the report when the PC has restarted on cjoint.com and provide me with the link afterward. Clean the hard drive with CCleaner and the restore point.
                  0
              2. Look if Skyrim works well with your saves.
                0
                1. I had deleted them all to start fresh; I prefer to restart the game with its DLCs from scratch.
                  0