Xp-3200 screen frozen

Solved

Hello

I have an Epson XP-3200

The screen is stuck on EPSON DEVICE RECOVERY MODE UPDATE FIRMWARE

When I plug in the printer, the message appears immediately

Is there a solution?

Thank you in advance

17 answers

  1. The problem is that I can't turn off the printer with the button; I have to unplug it.

    Thanks anyway.

    0
    1. Hi

      The problem is that I can't turn off the printer with the button; I have to unplug it.

      If you unplug the cable and then plug it back in, do you still get the error message?

      @+


      0
      1. yes, I still have the same message

        0
        1. otherwise when I press and hold the stop button I get another message "EPSON DEVICE TURN OFF" and the power button is flashing

          2
          1. hi

            i don't know if this will work, but try this:

            unplug the printer from the power outlet

            unplug the USB cable from the printer to the PC (if it's connected to the PC)

            leave everything as it is until tomorrow

            tomorrow plug everything back in and see what happens

            bye+


            0
            1. Ok thanks, I will try

              Have a good evening and thank you

              @+

              0
              1. re

                No problem for the help :)

                PS: Do you have no access to any features from the printer control panel?

                @+


                0
                1. hi

                  ok, it's because I was doing some research to reset the printer to factory settings

                  let me know tomorrow how it goes after the操作

                  have a nice evening too

                  @+


                  0
                  1. Hello

                    I reconnected everything this morning and nothing has changed

                    1
                    1. Hi

                      If you can't turn off the printer, the only thing left is to contact Epson's customer service by EMAIL or phone:

                      Epson France SAS

                      22 rue Dora Maar

                      93400 St Ouen sur Seine​

                      France​

                      Massimo Pizzocri


                      Technical support Before sale, After sale and Epson store: 09 74 75 04 04​

                      (Cost of a local call excluding charges from the operator)​

                      Head Office: 01 56 71 57 00​

                      Email contact: Write to us | Epson France​

                      Website: www.epson.fr​

                      Partner site: www.epson.fr/partenaires


                      You can access the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform (ODR) by clicking the link below:​

                      http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/

                      @+


                      1
                      1. I think I'm going to do it or else she's going to end up in the junkyard.

                        0
                    2. Hello

                      I've already tried all that

                      I can't turn off the printer with the button

                      0
                      1. hi

                        otherwise, when I long press the stop button I get another message " EPSON DEVICE TURN OFF " and the power button is flashing

                        I just saw this message you posted, which means that the printer is turned off

                        @+


                        0
                        1. Hello

                          I received a response from Epson, and I'm sharing my solution that works wonderfully.

                          Thanks to everyone who supported me.

                          The printer had to start in recovery mode because the firmware update failed.

                          Follow the steps below to try updating the firmware again:

                          1- Connect the computer to the printer using a USB cable. (In recovery mode, you cannot update the firmware over a network connection.)

                          2- Launch the Epson Firmware Update software (Epson Software Updater). You can download it via the following link:

                          https://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=GB&CTI=63&PRN=XP-3200+Series&OSC=WS

                          3- Follow the software update steps and initiate the updates.

                          The printer will inform you of the update status as indicated below.

                          Preparation: The printer's network status lights are blinking.

                          Updating: The power light is blinking.

                          Completed: The power light stops blinking and stays on.

                          3
                          1. hi

                            Thanks to everyone who supported me

                            No problem for the help, we were happy to do it :)

                            Personally, I thank you for the feedback after your contact with Epson, not everyone does that...

                            wish you all the best

                            @+


                            1