OpenSSL

Solved
Hello,
I installed Composer, but when I run it, there is the message "You are running Composer with SSL/TLS protection disabled".
How can I fix this?
Thank you for your help.
Best regards.

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Hello

    Is OpenSSL enabled in your php.ini?
    Are you on a server or locally?
    If locally...what software are you using to emulate Apache/PHP?

    --
    Sincerely,
    Jordane
    0
    1. Yes,
      My php.ini is located in my Apache folder.
      Do I need to have one in the php folder as well, since I moved it to Apache?
      0
    2. I am on local, I have installed Apache manually.
      My PHP is located in a folder that I named MyWamp in which I placed
      - Apache
      - MariaDB (MySQL)
      - PHP
      0
    3. Moderator
      You need to start by checking which ini file is being used.
      For that, you can do a phpinfo
      Also check if openssl is enabled or not.
      If not... look in the php.ini indicated by phpinfo if the line extension=open_ssl is uncommented.
      You should also check if the variable extension_dir correctly contains the exact path to the ext directory of your php
      for example:

      extension_dir = "C:\php\ext\"

      You may also need to download the OpenSSL DLLs and copy them both into your apache and into your php.

      Well... you will easily find a lot of very, very numerous tutorials on the subject online.
      0
    4. Thank you,
      the line extension=open_ssl is uncommented.
      I have set extension_dir = "D:\MyWamp\php\ext" which I have uncommented.
      Here are 2 screenshots of phpinfo():




      Can you tell me what I should do?
      0