Problème lexmark x3470

Solved
My Lexmark X3470 printer won't turn off and displays "cover open" even though it is closed. What should I do??
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

39 answers

  1. Hello, we found the solution.....

    Remove the hood;

    Remove the 4 front screws;

    Unclip the plastic cover;

    The sensor is located at the back, more towards the middle;

    It's a white clip that can be unclipped, just put it back in place. And that's it!!!!!

    It's easy.... it takes 15 minutes and the beauty works again.

    PS: Actually, the problem comes from the fact that we lifted the hood too much when opening it. This explains why the curve of the rod doesn’t reset well and ejects the clip. Lift it a little....
    21
    1. Salut, j'ai trouvé ce clip blanc mais je ne sais pas dans quel sens il faut le mettre, aide-moi s'il te plaît. De plus, l'imprimante me dit qu'il manque une cartouche alors que j'ai mis une nouvelle.
      0
    2. Thank you for this solution.

      At first, I was looking for where to place the clip. Towards the back, 3/4 to the right. It’s true that you can block it with a matchstick, but the best way is with glue, so that the push-button doesn’t stick out anymore;
      Thank you.
      Loup78.
      0
    3. @LoupLe coton-tige marche aussi bien que l'allumette :)
      0
    4. @franckyI don't know how to open the hood, yet I've removed the 4 screws but nothing comes off!!
      0
    5. I can't remove the hood!! Do we have to take it off completely from the machine?? HELP!!
      0
  2. Moderator
    Good evening Kima....
    There is probably a hood open detection switch that is stuck....
    still need to find that switch or switches....
    Otherwise, contact customer support, either online, by phone, or by email.....:
    http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/contact.cgi?ccs=75:3:0:539:0:0
    stay strong...
    0
    1. Hello
      I'm facing the same issue with my Lexmark! Did you get a response to fix the problem?
      0
      1. Hello,

        We have the same problem.......If you find the sensors, please let me know. Thank you.
        Isa
        0
        1. Hello,
          Thank you very much, I had the same problem with a Lexmark X 1185 and it was resolved in the same way (removing the top cover and the lid) it is a small black tab opposite the large gray button located on the right and is an integral part of the lid.

          The Lexmark repair service did not give me the solution.

          Thanks again, Isa.
          0
          1. hello Franky,

            I don't have the answer, I suggest I give you the answer tonight when my handy husband is back lol

            Good luck.
            0
            1. Good evening,
              I hope you managed to put the clip back in place.
              Apparently, we need to check the direction of closure; we can't say anything more... Sorry

              Isa
              0
          2. Le petit clip, j'ai réussi, mais mon imprimante me marque maintenant "cartouche manquante" alors que ma cartouche est mise et elle est toute neuve. Je ne comprends plus rien du tout.
            0
            1. Hello, have you placed the clip back correctly?
              0
            2. @Isa_cxyzThank you all, I’m not very young anymore and with my LEXMARK X3470 printer, I was really out of my depth when I saw "open cover", impossible to do anything. Plus, I don’t know anything about it and by following your advice, I managed to fix it. My daughter was amazed. A big thank you again, all your advice is true and for those who have issues with "open cover" when it’s actually closed, just go ahead and follow the advice messages, IT WORKS FOR ME. Thank you again to Isa and to all of you!!!!
              0
            3. @ELVISHello Elvis

              I also have a Lexmark X3470 printer and I'm having the same problem with the open cover, despite all my efforts following the advice given on the site, I haven't been able to fix the printer. Could you tell me how you did it?? Help me please.
              0
            4. @Isa_cxyzDear Madam, where is the tab located? I've taken everything apart and I haven't found the tab's location.
              Could you please send me a photo of the Lexmark? This is really frustrating.
              This is the second time we are replacing it.
              I can't find this contact, could you please clarify for me?

              Best regards, thank you.

              Stein
              0
          3. Yes, because now it doesn't tell me anymore (the hood open), but it tells me cartridge missing and the cartridge is new. I don't know what to do anymore, please help.
            1
            1. My husband thinks the clip is not properly reattached, which is why there is no contact between the sensors. If I were you, I would start over... Otherwise, I don’t see anything else!

              Isa
              0
          4. Hi, otherwise it’s enough to find a way to block the little black push button that is where the white clip should press :o good luck, I had lost the white clip :o
            1
            1. Hi, I have the same problem as you. I followed and took off the cover but I can't find that damn white clip!!! I'm going to end up throwing this printer out the window. Help!
              1
              1. I have a problem with the x3470, I found the white clip but I can't get it to stay on, and/or I don't know exactly how to position it on the push button!

                CAN ANYONE WITH AN X3470 SEND US A PHOTO OF THIS AREA WHERE WE CAN SEE HOW THE WHITE CLIP IS POSITIONED....

                THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!

                christophe_etaix@hotmail.com
                0
                1. Moderator
                  Hello..!!!???..
                  If you can't put the "famous clip" back in place
                  A DIY solution..... A sharpened matchstick that you can insert into the button to hold it down...
                  More technical: The push button operates on an electrical contact... you just need to either short it out (the most likely case), or cut the connection
                  Note: it might be the little piece of plastic that holds this famous clip in place that is broken....
                  Cheers
                  0
                2. @baladur13Hello baladur13,
                  You who seem to have a good handle on this printer, my problem isn't so much putting the white clip back in place, it's more about locating it, and I don't see it... I've taken everything apart.
                  Thanks for your help.
                  0
                3. Moderator
                  @lolo.33Hello Lolo...
                  I will probably disappoint you... But I've never seen this printer.....(except in a photo).
                  The post <4> above provides the location of this detector (white clips according to this user)....
                  Hoping you will eventually find it.... there can't be many of these detectors....
                  Bye
                  --

                  It's very hard to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                  Especially when it's not there...!!!!
                  0
              2. Hello,
                I have the same issue with a Lexmark X3470. Could you please tell me where the clip is? Thank you.
                5
                1. Moderator
                  Hi Vero
                  Look at the message <4> above...!!!
                  @+
                  0
              3. Even after reading message 4... I still don't see. Thanks anyway.
                0
                1. Je suis désolé d'apprendre que vous rencontrez des problèmes avec votre imprimante Lexmark X3470. Voici quelques étapes à suivre qui pourraient vous aider à résoudre ce problème de "cartouche manquante" :

                  1. **Vérifiez l'installation de la cartouche** : Assurez-vous que la cartouche est correctement insérée dans l'imprimante. Retirez-la et réinstallez-la en veillant à ce qu'elle soit bien en place.

                  2. **Retirez les protections** : Certaines cartouches ont un petit morceau de plastique ou un ruban adhésif qui empêche l'encre de s'écouler. Assurez-vous d'avoir retiré toutes les protections de la cartouche avant de l'installer.

                  3. **Vérifiez la compatibilité** : Assurez-vous que la cartouche que vous avez achetée est bien compatible avec votre modèle d'imprimante.

                  4. **Redémarrez l'imprimante** : Éteignez l'imprimante, attendez quelques secondes, puis rallumez-la. Parfois, un redémarrage peut résoudre des erreurs.

                  5. **Mettez à jour les pilotes** : Si le problème persiste, vous pouvez essayer de mettre à jour les pilotes de l'imprimante à partir du site Web de Lexmark.

                  6. **Contactez le support technique** : Si aucune de ces étapes ne fonctionne, il peut être utile de contacter le support technique de Lexmark pour obtenir de l'aide additionnelle.

                  J'espère que ces suggestions vous aideront à résoudre votre problème d'imprimante !
                  0
                  1. Moderator
                    Hello Soph....
                    Is this a stupid question, have you removed the sticker and the protective tape located on the back and underneath the cartridges?
                    Now... open the user guide which should be on the PC and type "cartridge missing" or "cartridge replacement"
                    and follow the procedure...
                    Hoping you find a solution
                    @+'
                    0
                2. Hello,

                  Good luck to everyone who bought this cursed printer...........What is certain is that we are going to buy another one......without the unique cartridge that needs to be changed once a month. It's a disaster.... we can't print images from the web in black and white, it's a waste...

                  It's decided, we're getting rid of it...........next lol
                  0
                  1. Good evening, everything has been removed, I am not new to this experience with this printer of brun... recently, about 3 months ago, I took it to the shop because it was showing "cover open." They didn't return my printer because it was supposedly blocked at customer service... it's good, we're fed up with these printers that don't work... help me find a solution, thank you in advance.
                    1
                    1. HELLO

                      I have a problem that I think is a setting issue with my x3470 printer.
                      When I do the alignment, I only get the blue color and a big gap on several lines.

                      The alignment page doesn't match the drawing, and I don't know what to do. I can't use it even though I've had it for over a month.

                      Thank you for coming to my rescue!!!
                      0
                      1. Moderator
                        Hello Sab....
                        Take a look at this....http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=75:3:0:539:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS24064&relevance=1
                        Also check on your PC "the Maintenance tab of the Lexmark Solution Center"
                        Finally, you can report your issue directly to Lexmark...http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/contact.cgi?ccs=75:3:0:539:0:0*emeaframe=
                        Cheers
                        --

                        It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                        Especially when it isn't there...!!!!
                        0
                    2. Hello,
                      thank you baladur13 for responding so quickly.

                      I have already tried to do what was needed with these 2 links but nothing works, it is true that I don't know much but
                      I'm managing not too badly.

                      I think I'm going to start struggling with Lexmark support once again!!!

                      See you later, sab
                      0
                      1. I found the solution, I got rid of the x3470 and bought another printer, thanks to everyone...
                        0
                      2. @rocky66same problem as above...
                        error message 'Open hood' on X3470...
                        we follow the recipe: we remove the 4 screws (maybe 5, there is one further to the left)
                        we unclip the base (use a screwdriver to avoid breaking anything)
                        we unplug the strip at the bottom right
                        we unplug the connector (yellow-brown wires) and remove the entire cover
                        we do find (right in the middle of the black plastic piece a black switch that we can press... white clip ?? cannot be found! it must have escaped and got stuck somewhere else in the machine!
                        only left to keep the switch pressed down. My handy husband is looking for the miracle piece that will allow to block the button, I will keep you updated!!
                        0
                    3. Hello everyone, I had the same issue as you with that famous piece of white plastic… I called Lexmark who told me they would send a new one within 5 days… On the day, I received a nice gentleman who gave me a printer and didn’t take the old one back. When I unpacked it, I saw that they actually sent me a better one… and apparently they do this every time. Of course, my dad fixed the old one in the end, so now I have a new printer and one that works again, it's magic…
                      So for advice, call Lexmark…
                      0
                      1. Hello,

                        what was the problem with the one that wasn't working?

                        because mine is still the same, it still doesn't work!!!!!!!

                        I bought a great computer + printer on AMAZON.FR at an exceptional price, but

                        if I had known, I would have stuck to a simple computer!

                        have a good evening
                        0
                        • 1
                        • 2