Problème lexmark x3470

Solved
My Lexmark X3470 printer won't turn off and displays "cover open" even though it is closed. What should I do??
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

39 answers

  1. Hello, we found the solution.....

    Remove the hood;

    Remove the 4 front screws;

    Unclip the plastic cover;

    The sensor is located at the back, more towards the middle;

    It's a white clip that can be unclipped, just put it back in place. And that's it!!!!!

    It's easy.... it takes 15 minutes and the beauty works again.

    PS: Actually, the problem comes from the fact that we lifted the hood too much when opening it. This explains why the curve of the rod doesn’t reset well and ejects the clip. Lift it a little....
    21
    1. Salut, j'ai trouvé ce clip blanc mais je ne sais pas dans quel sens il faut le mettre, aide-moi s'il te plaît. De plus, l'imprimante me dit qu'il manque une cartouche alors que j'ai mis une nouvelle.
      0
    2. Thank you for this solution.

      At first, I was looking for where to place the clip. Towards the back, 3/4 to the right. It’s true that you can block it with a matchstick, but the best way is with glue, so that the push-button doesn’t stick out anymore;
      Thank you.
      Loup78.
      0
    3. @LoupLe coton-tige marche aussi bien que l'allumette :)
      0
    4. @franckyI don't know how to open the hood, yet I've removed the 4 screws but nothing comes off!!
      0
    5. I can't remove the hood!! Do we have to take it off completely from the machine?? HELP!!
      0
  2. Personally, all I managed to do is mess it up once and for all.
    Shitty life...
    0
    1. Good evening, I had the same problem when you open it to change the cartridge at the back, there is a small connector that got disconnected.
      0
      1. Lol, I stumbled upon this brand new Lexmark X3470 printer...
        --> it’s definitely one of you disgusted people who threw it away for sure!

        Follow the instructions of master Baladur13:
        1. Either block the black push button with a sharpened matchstick,
        2. Or glue it (super glue) or attach a solid element (a match lol) with contact glue like neoprene --> thoroughly coat the surface of the button and the match, wait 10 minutes and press (thanks Lexmark for not providing either the lemon, the glue, or the match),
        3. Or short-circuit it (cut the connecting wires), but I advise against this last option as it might block the printer if this function is essential for turning it on!

        The printer works like it’s 1940 in the mind of its designer who was working on it back then once the push button is pressed!

        PS: there are 5 screws...
        0
        1. THE SMART ONES WHO WANT TO BLOCK SEEING THE SWITCH DEFINITELY HOW ARE THEY GOING TO MANAGE TO CHANGE THE INK CARTRIDGES LATER?
          0
          1. Hello everyone!

            SUCCESS!!

            I felt I had to leave a comment after my adventure with my Lexmark 3470!
            Actually, I use it as a scanner but it was showing me the infamous "Cover open" error message even though it was closed...

            I removed the screws and found the famous "clip" that everyone talks about --> In fact, it's a switch, black in color for me and located on the PCB (that's the green board) at the back of the printer. For me, there was a big black plastic cover above the green PCB...

            By pressing down on the switch with a screwdriver and plugging in the printer, the problem disappeared, proof that the switch was indeed the issue. After trying tape, a cotton swab, a needle, and glue, the switch gave up the ghost. It remained partially pressed but still the same problem....

            So I unscrewed everything, removed the black cover above the PCB, and accessed the back of the board. There, I soldered a piece of wire to short-circuit the switch.

            Reassembly, when everything was finished I found myself with 2 plastic pieces in my hands: the black cover that I didn't put back on top of the PCB and another small one... + 3 screws! :)

            Other than that, everything works perfectly!
            I hope this helps someone!

            @+
            0
            1. Thank you for responding so quickly..

              So I took everything apart, I wanted to put glue between the white clip and the push button, and in the end the white clip didn't stick, and it was the push button that remained pressed down and got stuck! inside! And yet the "open cap" still fits!

              What do you think?
              0
              1. Moderator
                I think nothing of it... either the push button is not pressed enough... or the internal contacts are dead... or it's not the right push button...
                try short-circuiting the wires or the other way around...
                --
                Very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room
                Especially when it isn't there...!!!!
                0
            2. Hello everyone,
              I found the white clip and it seems to be broken! Using a matchstick would be too little to hold it against the black button! What else can we use? Or should we just glue the white clip to the black part?

              Thanks in advance.
              0
              1. Moderator
                Hello
                It is necessary... whatever the means... especially if the switch is dead, to ensure that the response from the switch is correct
                So if the button needs to be pressed... make sure it is....
                We can also focus only on the electrical information that this switch provides... there should be two wires connected to it... ==> two possibilities either they must make contact and then it's enough to connect them together, or they must not do so and it's enough to cut one of the two wires and insulate the ends....
                --
                Very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room
                Especially when it's not there...!!!!
                0
            3. Hello everyone,
              I had the same problem as you with that pesky white clip that was super difficult to put back in place. Now that it's done and the printer is working again, it's the scanner's turn, which is stuck and refuses to move forward.
              If anyone has a solution to my problem, let me know, otherwise, I'm going to lose it.
              Thanks in advance.
              0
              1. Please provide the text you would like to have translated.
                0
                1. Moderator
                  Hello ???? Aa
                  We see you are very saddened by your problem, so if you want help... Click here
                  --

                  It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                  Especially when it isn't there...!!!!
                  0
              2. What a good joke! The white clip is actually a black clip on some printers (including mine). And also remember to turn your printer around so you're facing the small green plate once you've removed the gray plastic cover; this will save you a lot of unnecessary searching... Plus, there's no point in looking for the clip on the printer because if you're having this problem, that famous clip has come off and is wandering around at the back of your printer, so turn it upside down, shake it and it should normally fall into your arms like an angel fallen from the sky. Then you need to try to reposition it where it should be (look at the pictures sent previously), which is just to the left of the small green plate. If you've read all the messages before mine, you'll understand that this is where the matchstick comes in to keep the clip in place. Then, reconnect the wire and the white strip that you must have unplugged to remove the cover, reconnect your printer, and check that everything is working again. If all is well, put everything back in place. If it's still not good, try to wedge the clip with something else. By the way, if you've lost the clip, put something else; the main thing is that in the end, the sensor is pressed down a bit... After an hour of searching, I felt the need to post a little message to clarify all this... lol. So, good fixing and good night!
                11
                1. and here we go... hoping that it works...
                  http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9628/img000621ho1.jpg
                  http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1913/img000511zz6.jpg
                  http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/303/img000731hz8.jpg
                  http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5791/img000841kx5.jpg
                  thank you!
                  0
                  1. Moderator
                    OK, here are the photos... but an explanation or an arrow (made with Paint) would be a plus... to specify to users where this famous switch is...
                    Happy New Year.
                    --

                    It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                    Especially when it's not there...!!!!
                    0
                2. I’ve seen it, but wouldn’t it be simpler to send a photo file with 4 pictures rather than a screenshot?
                  0
                  1. Moderator
                    The beginning talks about taking a screenshot and then storing this image....
                    But point 3 explains how to put photos or images online....
                    --

                    It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
                    Especially when it isn't there...!!!!
                    0
                3. I have the same problem, if you could also send me a photo so that I can get my printer working again.
                  Thank you.
                  0
                  1. If you could also send me a photo to locate the famous white clip, I would appreciate it.
                    Thank you.
                    0
                    1. Hello,
                      for the photo my address is: laurent_mounes@hotmail.com

                      thank you
                      2
                      1. Hello,
                        I also have a Lexmark X3450 and if you have a picture to locate this white clip, I'm interested because I admit I can't find it!!!
                        Thank you.
                        0
                        1. Hello!
                          This message is a bit late, but this weekend we had the same "open lid" problem with our Lexmark X3450. We followed the instructions regarding the white clip to the letter and after a long search, we finally found it! We also had a hard time putting it back in place. But now, it's done! For those still looking for it, we took a picture of the open printer to locate the famous white clip...
                          12
                          1. Hello, I can't locate the white clip on my printer, could you send me a photo?
                            Thank you
                            0
                          2. Where is the photo because I have the white clip in my hands but I don't know where it goes.
                            0
                          3. I'm always having the same problem as you, I've searched for hours, and I even ended up borrowing a Lexmark printer to see where the missing part is, but nothing at all. If someone could send me a photo, that would help me too. Thanks in advance!
                            0
                        • 1
                        • 2