CTRL Key Blocked
Solved
Hello,
When my mother turned on her computer and wanted to open WORD, a message appeared saying that the CTRL key was stuck Blablabla ... I then noticed that this damn key was blocked and the keyboard is therefore not functional, at least not for typing LETTERS ='(.
I would like to know if there are any solutions to make it work again .. I can't do much with this damn computer. I tried a few solutions like typing 'help' in paint .. Pressing SHIFT multiple times or holding down SHIFT .. Uninstalling the keyboard but nothing works ..
It's an Omnibook 6000 from HP running on Windows XP Home SP1, Pentium III, 647Mz and 384MB of RAM. 10 GB hard drive.
Thank you for your help. It's urgent, I'm getting shaken up because she needs her PC ...
Martin.
When my mother turned on her computer and wanted to open WORD, a message appeared saying that the CTRL key was stuck Blablabla ... I then noticed that this damn key was blocked and the keyboard is therefore not functional, at least not for typing LETTERS ='(.
I would like to know if there are any solutions to make it work again .. I can't do much with this damn computer. I tried a few solutions like typing 'help' in paint .. Pressing SHIFT multiple times or holding down SHIFT .. Uninstalling the keyboard but nothing works ..
It's an Omnibook 6000 from HP running on Windows XP Home SP1, Pentium III, 647Mz and 384MB of RAM. 10 GB hard drive.
Thank you for your help. It's urgent, I'm getting shaken up because she needs her PC ...
Martin.
Configuration: Windows Vista Firefox 3.0.7
20 answers
-
When you press and hold the Control (Ctrl) key for more than 8 seconds, it gets "stuck" ...
To disable the sticky key, simply press (Ctrl) + (Shift): while holding the control key, keep it pressed and hit the shift key (the one with an upward-pointing arrow), release it and there you go ^_^
Note: it is not necessary to press for more than eight seconds for this manipulation, you can even say that if you pressed both keys in the specified order for less than 1 second and then released them.
A disk clean with cCleaner .... boowwwa ah ah .....-
Good evening,
Thank you for the information about the unlocking... but it apparently doesn't work for my case!
My charming little ones playing on the Internet with the arrow keys located between the "letter" keyboard and the "numeric pad" have activated the "virtual lock" on the Ctrl key by doing I don't know what manipulation???
If you have a radical and definitive solution to remedy this, thank you in advance!!
Looking forward to hearing from you, -
Hello everyone,
I spilled tea on my laptop keyboard but now my keyboard is stuck.
When I open Word, it tells me that the CTRL key is pressed down, but it isn't actually. I'm now using the on-screen keyboard because the other one doesn't work.
I've tried restarting my PC several times, but that doesn't change anything. I've pressed CTRL and the up arrow to unlock the keyboard, but that doesn't work. Can someone please help me? -
@boulyHello, I have the answer approved by... me! Go to Control Panel, Ease of Access options, and enable the on-screen keyboard. Click on ctrl (at the bottom left)
and shift ON THE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD. Try again with the regular keyboard, and it should work! -
-
-