Bootable Ghost on USB?
Solved
Hello,
I just installed Ghost on my computer, and I would like to know if it is possible to boot the computer from a USB stick. I tried copying the files from the Ghost reinstall CD to my USB stick and configured my BIOS to boot from the USB with no success. Is there something I might have missed??
Thank you in advance
crl-
I just installed Ghost on my computer, and I would like to know if it is possible to boot the computer from a USB stick. I tried copying the files from the Ghost reinstall CD to my USB stick and configured my BIOS to boot from the USB with no success. Is there something I might have missed??
Thank you in advance
crl-
6 answers
-
I have exactly the same problem. I managed to create a bootable USB drive under DOS using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (with the Create a DOS startup disk option and linking it to a DOS boot file found here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm, I used the Winimage version).
I then transferred the files from the CD to the USB drive and renamed them as indicated in the fourth comment on this page:
https://www.tomshardware.com/
My USB drive boots well under DOS and I get to C:, but I can't launch Ghost 9. I don't know if it can be launched from DOS. If anyone manages to do it, I would greatly appreciate it. It's urgent because I'm stuck with my netbook. Thank you. Franck.