Issues with the Source SDK

Solved
Hello everyone.

So here it is, I have STEAM with HL², HL² Episode 1, HL² Death-Match, HL² Lost Coast, Counter Strike Source, Day of Defeat Source, Garry's Mod v9.0.4, the HL² INSURGENCY mod, and finally two tools, the Source SDK Base and the Source SDK. And here’s the problem... I can’t launch the Source SDK.

It is installed, downloaded, and everything is in order, but when I right-click to launch the game, nothing happens... Like seriously nothing at all. Not even a little error message... Or sometimes something weird happens... In the menu, a message appears for the two tools I downloaded; Update Paused. However, I thought they were both updated, and moreover, when I right-click on them, I don’t have the option to Resume Update...

Thank you for your help and advice.

13 answers

  1. Oh well, you're welcome ;) It really pissed me off too.
    4
    1. Bonjour, j'ai un autre bug. Moi, quand je mets le SDK source à la version du moteur, ben HL Episode One, ce n'est pas écrit. Pouvez-vous m'aider ?
      0
      1. mm problem I launched the sdk program it displays an error report
        1
        1. Hi

          Thank you for responding

          I've already done all of that, even a restore before the installation

          Still getting this error message, it won't open
          2
          1. hi

            I can't say for sure, but I think the problem comes from the cache
            try right-clicking > properties > (tab) local file > verify the integrity of the cache
            once, CSS made me do it before launching

            if it still doesn't work, then make sure you've already launched at least once every game that uses the Source engine (CSS, DODS, HL2, HL2 ep1, etc...)

            otherwise, try checking the Steam wiki
            0
        2. Argh, it looks like a messed-up setup. Try reinstalling all of that...
          Otherwise, check with Valve.
          2
          1. Hi, here's my problem

            I can't launch SDK, I get this error message. I've posted on several forums, but no one has been able to help me and there are hundreds of us facing this issue

            Error message

            mountfilesystem(223) failed: steammountfilesystem(1468,223,0*8cofbfc=, 0*8c0fdoc) failed with error 114: cache needs decryption

            Thanks to anyone who can provide a solution
            2
            1. I think it's the release of the Orange Box that messed everything up. You tried to launch the Source SDK after the release of the Orange Box, but without having any Orange Box content, right?

              Otherwise, I really don't see it ;)
              2
              1. Thank you very much for the thing ""-engine ep1" ^^ I searched everywhere for the solution because it wasn't working :p ;)
                1
                1. But what are you doing squatting on my topic?
                  For those who are still interested, I solved the Source SDK problem; you need to right-click -> properties -> Launch Options and add
                  "-engine ep1" if you are using pre-Orange Box content

                  Otherwise, for Mr. Fafer, you need to buy your games. If you buy them directly on STEAM, no problem, it will configure everything for you. Otherwise, if you just bought a key, you need to enter it in "add a game" on STEAM. Similarly, if you buy games in a store, they will give you the key with it. You install your game and activate the key. But in all legal cases, you need to purchase the game.

                  Also, to have the SDK, you must first have HL², which you need to buy.
                  1
                  1. Hi, I would like to load the Source SDK Base; HL2; HL2:DM. Where should I go and how do I do it? Thank you.

                    1
                    1. launch half life2 or half life2 death match
                      1