Freebox V5

-  

Hello,

On 21/07/2026, I receive an email from Free as part of a service modernization; they plan to switch my offer to Freebox Pop fidélité starting from 07/09/2026.


On 10/09/2026 Free sends me the famous Box but I will not collect it because I don’t want fiber and I want to keep my current box, the V5 box.
Beginning of October 2026 I receive another email asking me to connect my new equipment, but I did not go to collect them, and I don’t want them, because I don’t see the point.


In this mail they tell me that on 28/10/2026 my services will be suspended.

I would like to know if this démarche is legal on Free’s part, because logically when you have not received new equipment you cannot connect them, well normally.

I therefore request FREE to please cancel this suspension of my services, because the closure of the ADSL network in my town 78700 is planned for 31/01/2029

I do not want fiber because I have health issues.

If my box services are suspended I risk finding myself in a catastrophic situation, as well medically as professionally, because the internet is important for my activity.


2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    You let slip a very financially and technologically attractive offer.

    I don’t quite see why Free would suspend services, even though the contracts with Freebox V5 no longer exist and there’s no further hardware maintenance. It’s something to discuss with them.

    Additionally you wrote:

    "I do not want fiber because I have health issues. If the service of my box is suspended I risk finding myself in a catastrophic situation, both medically and professionally, since the Internet is important for my activity."

    I don’t see the connection between fiber and your health problems. And if the Internet is essential for you, you should have switched to fiber, which is infinitely more reliable than the copper network you are currently using, with better connection quality.

    Ce que l'on conçoit bien s'énonce clairement,
    Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément.
    (Boileau)
    1
    1. Moderator

      Hello,

      It is only with customer service that you will be able to resolve this issue regarding a potential service interruption.

      It should be noted that the Freebox Pop Fidelity still operates on ADSL; fiber is not (yet) necessary.


      0