UEFI Boot

I just purchased a new labtop "packard bell easynote TE69BM" model "Z5WT3"
It only has UEFI boot firmware, and legacy BIOS is no longer available.
I've put "USB FDD:" on top of the boot priority order, before the "Windows boot manager".
I used rufus to put Kolibri.iso on a USB stick.
I tried the 3 partition shemes to boot Kolibri, but without success.

3 réponses

  1. Contributeur
    Ok,

    The boot option menu change to several sorte of PC, but easy to reconize.

    In the Bios way, index inhib.. "Fast boot" and enable CSM in lauch CSM
    -- in security index, inhib Secure "Boot Control"

    -- To Boot from USB, the USB disk or key must be display in boot position before HDD..

    Save and exit---Select Lauch EFI from file system device and type "Enter" key

    Reboot and keep "escape" key down (select boot device to ASUS)

    Your USB or CD must be present now---> you can select it now... The CD or USB must be on place.
    0
    1. Contributeur
      Hello,

      What is "Colibri ISO" and what do you hope to do..

      You can try Ubuntu Live CD or USB to boot in Rufus key

      or Puppy Linux http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm

      Your Pb is UEFI boot... if not OK, you can disable it, in the BIOS
      0
      1. I can't disable it. That's the only choice. No legacy choice.

        --
        0
    2. Hi,

      The bios said what when you try to boot with you're usb device?
      0
      1. It say "no Bootable Device, Hit any key." And when hit "Enter" it enter to "boot option menu" but there's no choice option.

        --
        0