Memup multimedia hard drive
Hello everyone!
I'm thinking of buying a 500GB Memup Media Disk multimedia hard drive and I have a few questions to ask you ^^
Would you recommend buying this multimedia hard drive?
Is the noise level really higher than that of a normal computer and bothersome?
My PC is connected to my TV (the images that appear on my PC also appear on my TV) so that I can watch movies on my PC (those with special formats or with subtitles, for example), will I be able to watch movies (with or without subtitles) recorded on the multimedia hard drive connected to my PC, which is itself connected to my TV, using VLC?
Thanks ^^
I'm thinking of buying a 500GB Memup Media Disk multimedia hard drive and I have a few questions to ask you ^^
Would you recommend buying this multimedia hard drive?
Is the noise level really higher than that of a normal computer and bothersome?
My PC is connected to my TV (the images that appear on my PC also appear on my TV) so that I can watch movies on my PC (those with special formats or with subtitles, for example), will I be able to watch movies (with or without subtitles) recorded on the multimedia hard drive connected to my PC, which is itself connected to my TV, using VLC?
Thanks ^^
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 1.5.0.10
69 answers
-
Hello
As for me, I acquired the mediadisk yesterday and I have been going through all the forums for 24 hours because this one, like apparently many others, is not recognized by the PC
Does anyone have the magic potion
THANK YOU-
-
-
I formatted it so my PC recognizes it; I can put movies on it like a regular hard drive, but I can't read them on the TV, either because it's empty or I'm missing drivers.
-
-
-
-
No? No one? Is it an echo I'm hearing or what?? ^^"
-
Hello hello!!
I also have a problem with my DDM, Memup brand. Nothing serious but still quite annoying: every time I transfer files from my computer (Mac) to the hard drive, it creates duplicate files.
For example: Dirty dancing and ._Dirty Dancing (don't mock my taste ^^)
knowing that the second one is unreadable! I've searched through a lot of forums but couldn't find an answer.
If someone could enlighten me, that would be great!
(No one seems to care about my little issue =( ) -
Hey hey!!
I also have an issue with my DDM, Memup brand. Nothing serious but quite annoying: every time I transfer files from my computer (Mac) to the hard drive, it creates duplicate files.
For example: Dirty dancing and ._Dirty Dancing (don’t laugh at my tastes ^^)
knowing that the second one is unreadable! I’ve browsed through plenty of forums but haven’t been able to find an answer.
If someone could enlighten me, it would be much appreciated! -
Hello
First, connect the two USB ends to the PC using the supplied Y-cable, preferably at the back of a desktop PC without plugging it into the power supply.
For a laptop, please disable power-saving management and restart; this feature can be found in the installed drivers of the PC (often visible as a battery icon at the bottom right of the taskbar) or alternatively in the screensaver settings in Windows (right-click on the desktop and then properties).
Best regards
techsupport@memup.com MEMUP Technical Support
www.memup.fr Customer Service: 0892 700 257 -
Yes, no problem, you can count on it! I've had mine for 5 months... no problem!!!
-
Hi, I have a DDM Mediask LX series 1TB and for some time now it no longer works on my PC. When I connect it, it no longer appears, and when I try to use my desktop shortcuts, I get a message saying that Windows Explorer is not responding and must close. As a result, W.E. doesn't want to restart, and I have to disconnect the DDM for my PC to function normally.
The DDM displays without any issue on the TV screen and it reads all my compatible files that are already there.
I can't format it either on my PC or on another one (several attempts have been made on other PCs).
Is this what you call "not recognized by the PC"?
I have doubts about sending it for repair to avoid losing my data (some of which are WORK-related and VERY important).
Thank you for any help provided.
P.S.: PC configuration (laptop)
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition (Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core inside
RAM: 3GB DDR2
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE
Motherboard: Wistron 3616 -
Memup has a lot of unsolvable technical problems and there will be no updates for Windows 7. They treated us like idiots at Memup. Just check the forums to see for yourself...
-
I formatted my memup 40G mp4 orizon and since I turned it on, the screen stays black. Can someone help me please?
-
don't worry, it's great, no noise and super convenient
-
For those who have recognition issues, I tested all the solutions I could find until I simply replaced the USB cable with the one from my MP4 player, and miracle, my PC recognizes it every time.
So try changing this cable before doing anything more complicated. -
Hello, I use a DVICO ddmm, I entered about 30 videos, without any problem, I only use the ddmm for video, I reformatted it following the advice of the supplier LDLC and everything works well. The DVICO operates very quietly, I edit my videos and transfer them to the DVICO which I connect to the TV and it works. As for DVICO/PC playback, I don't know as I have never tried it, see you later.
-
Hello everyone
I also have a small problem with my hard drive; I recently changed computers and lost the installation CD, so my new computer doesn’t recognize the hard drive, or it recognizes it, installs it, but I can’t find it anywhere on my computer. I am actively looking for an installation disc for a Memup Mediask MX HD series hard drive.
If anyone has any information! ^^ I'm ready to pay for shipping or for a copy, or both!! Thank you -
A slightly similar topic (really just a bit) that might help you.
https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-16116036-recherche-disque-dur-multimedia#12
Catch you later! -
Hi,
I have a 500 GB one since the end of 2006 and it's still working perfectly. I've never needed to use customer service.
Sometimes, it can't read certain movies correctly, or it shifts the sound and picture by 3 seconds. I think it's due to the encoding of the film and/or time codes because it doesn't do this with other films.
With new formats appearing constantly and since there apparently aren't any updates for the Media disk, I think it's normal that the hard drive doesn't always keep up correctly. For example: it doesn't read Blu-ray for me.
I can connect it to the TV, to the PC and to the MAC without any issues. I find it hard to believe all these negative comments I just read about it. And I feel sorry for those who haven't been able to enjoy it fully. Plus, I bought it for around 70 euros, so I have nothing but positive things to say about it. -
So to respond to all of you as some have done before me, about 9 times out of 10 when a Memup LX series does not appear on your PC or TV, it is because the connector that links the case to the DDR is unplugged. You just need to open the case by removing the two screws on top, reconnect the DDR to the case's board, close it up, and it works like a charm.
-
Good evening,
on a Memup 500 hard drive that works but movies that "play" without issue on my computer start looping once played on my Memup...
it's quite strange because with several .avi files this never happens at the same moment... and the movie restarts from the beginning so we never see the end... it's not great! :)
Has anyone encountered this problem?
Could it be due to the encoding system of the movies? Or a timecode issue?
Thank you for your help!
-
-
I have a 250 GB, and it's just crap (already exchanged once at customer service six months ago and the new one is acting up again).
-
Problem solved, sorry for the inconvenience.
-
I was given a 500 GB Memup LX series external hard drive for Christmas, everything works perfectly but my TV doesn't recognize it even though it appears to be connected properly according to the manual...
Can someone please help me, thanks. -
Hello to all the happy owners of Memup HDD
I'm still stuck on the same problem: I've lost the color display; it has been showing in B&W for several months despite a terrible return to the customer service of CDiscount: crappy brand + crappy distributor: do I have any hope?
Is there a similar problem in the room?
Cheers to all & Merry Christmas
- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
Next