Sudden Strike Installation

Hello everyone I am trying to install SUDDEN STRIKE V1 from 2000 on Windows XP. During the Direct X check at the end of the installation, it gets stuck with a message "The 'Installation Microsoft Direct X 7.0' box is not compatible with your version of Windows". What should I do? I installed Direct X 9 since Direct X 7 is no longer available on the Net, but it doesn't change anything.
.
Do you have any ideas?

13 answers

  1. Good evening, just install the patch v1.2 for it to work (I know the answer comes a bit late but it might interest others).
    Have fun everyone!
    7
    1. For everyone who has the problem of installing Sudden Strike V1 on XP or Vista:
      Download the 1.2 patch from Clubic:
      http://www.clubic.com/lancer-le-telechargement-6647-0-sudden-strike-patch-v1-2.html
      I did it and it works (you must first install the game and then the patch)
      0
      1. Hi.

        You shouldn't install the DirectX from the CD because it's from 1999
        and is obsolete with the current version of the system.
        0
        1. Hello

          I'm having the same issue with the game. I download it perfectly, and then when I try to play, a CD icon appears and nothing happens after that! Is it my XP computer or a software problem or something like that because I'm not very good with computers.

          Thank you in advance!
          0
          1. sometimes a message appears:

            error Direct3D
            doesn't support:
            -vertex shader 2.
            1
            1. Hi, I have Sudden Strike 3 on PC with XP version. The installation goes smoothly, but when the installer says the installation is complete and to click on next to finish, the button remains grayed out and I can't click on it...
              So what I do is click on close and try to launch the game... the cursor shows a CD is running and then nothing more

              And yet I've followed the recommended configuration...
              I'm not very knowledgeable in computers, so can you help me please? Thank you in advance!
              0
              1. A piece of advice, before sending messages, check the date.
                0
                1. Try setting your screen resolution to 1024x768.
                  0
                  1. Hello pat_phyl,
                    in case you want to dig into Sudden Strike v1 (excellent software), you'll find corrective patches for your issue on jeudeguerre.com as well as a wealth of invaluable treasures.
                    Have a good trip :-{)
                    0
                    1. To close the subject:
                      The problem must indeed come from Windows XP SP2 because I've had the Sudden Strike 2 version for a week now and miraculously, there are no problems even on the network, which shows that you can also play on a laptop!
                      Happy surfing to everyone!
                      0
                      1. Hello everyone Sorry to come back with a subject that seems to interest you very little, but you are my only lifeline. So if you could help me out. Thank you all
                        0