CPL and Phone?
Solved
Hello,
Before investing in a powerline system: is it compatible with a telephone? I have a box (Numericable) and my fixed phone is located far from the cable/modem socket.
Most users install powerline adapters for a PC, a console, the TV even... But for the phone??? I understood that powerline adapters have RJ45 sockets, while telephones use RJ11...
Could someone enlighten me? Thank you in advance.
Before investing in a powerline system: is it compatible with a telephone? I have a box (Numericable) and my fixed phone is located far from the cable/modem socket.
Most users install powerline adapters for a PC, a console, the TV even... But for the phone??? I understood that powerline adapters have RJ45 sockets, while telephones use RJ11...
Could someone enlighten me? Thank you in advance.
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.14
4 answers
-
Hi,
for the phones, the powerline adapter won't work. You'll need to buy a "master" phone on its base, then an additional phone that will connect to the base. In this case, for the additional phone, you won't need a modem or a phone socket...-
-
@Cobalt_oneExactly! Often these 2 phones are sold in the same box...
-
-