Ethernet port, no telephone socket - Bbox
Hello,
I just moved into an apartment built at the end of 2012.
I got a box from Bouygues Telecom, and a technician informed me that no intervention was needed because my apartment was indeed wired.
When I went to connect the equipment (box and TV decoder), I realized that I don't have a phone jack, and that I only have Ethernet jacks (or ADSL? because Ethernet cables don't fit in, but ADSL cables do).
As a result, I can't connect the ADSL filter (RJ11 connector).
I would like to know if it’s possible for me to connect the ADSL cable directly to the jack to receive internet.
If not, what should I do or buy?
Thank you for your replies.
Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 35.0.1916.114
I just moved into an apartment built at the end of 2012.
I got a box from Bouygues Telecom, and a technician informed me that no intervention was needed because my apartment was indeed wired.
When I went to connect the equipment (box and TV decoder), I realized that I don't have a phone jack, and that I only have Ethernet jacks (or ADSL? because Ethernet cables don't fit in, but ADSL cables do).
As a result, I can't connect the ADSL filter (RJ11 connector).
I would like to know if it’s possible for me to connect the ADSL cable directly to the jack to receive internet.
If not, what should I do or buy?
Thank you for your replies.
Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 35.0.1916.114