Canon driver Windows 11

Solved

Hello,

I just bought a Lenovo running Windows 11. I have a Canon MG6350 printer. I successfully installed the scanner driver, but a message says that the printer is not compatible with this version and invites me to go to the website to purchase a new product.

Can you please help me? Thank you in advance.

8 answers

  1. Hello,

    Sorry for my late response, but thank you for your help and best wishes for this new year. Unfortunately, as of today, there is still no solution; Canon informed me that this model is no longer supported under the Windows 11 system. So, I have to part with a printer that works very well, and buy a new one, but Canon makes it clear that, in the interest of environmental protection, I should avoid printing their email. With that, the planet is saved! Have a good day.

    2
    1. Moderator

      Hello,

      I have the same problem with a Canon MP 550, which is indeed quite old. Driver not supported.

      At home, I managed to work around the issue by turning on the printer BEFORE starting the PC. Then, open "Settings", go to "Printers & scanners", click on the installed printer in the list, and click on "Troubleshooter".

      And the printer responds to all print requests.


      1
      1. Hello DCI....

        Indeed ...this printer is recognized by W11 ....so why not the MG6350 above

        Cheers

        0
    2. Hello Sylhou1601....

      See ► This link

      Regards

      1
      1. Wow! Great, it finally works. Thank you so much. Have a good evening!

        0
      2. @Sylhou1601

        Hello Sylou1601...

        Thank you for the feedback and especially happy for you!

        You should call back the technician from Canon that you spoke with to suggest he come for a training session at CCM......

        I’m marking the topic as resolved

        Have a good Sunday and see you later maybe

        Best

        0
      3. @jmarion3

        yes, for sure, I will keep them updated!

        thank you again

        have a great day

        and thanks to this great site where I always find a solution!

        1
      4. @Sylhou1601

        Thank you for the compliments....

        Best regards

        0
    3. Hello,

      Normally you just need to go to the Canon France website in the download section and there you should find the drivers for your printer.

      You download them and install them and that's it!

      Best regards,


      0
      1. @brucine

        Oops !!!

        That's what you get for responding too quickly !!!!!

        Have a good day everyone!

        0
    4. Moderator

      Hello,

      Try the one for Windows 10 --> mg6300 series

      Disconnect the USB cable from the PC
      Turn on the printer
      Right-click on the driver setup
      Troubleshoot compatibility issues.
      Connect the cable to the PC as soon as prompted.

      0
      1. Moderator

        Did right-clicking on the setup and choosing --> Troubleshoot compatibility yield any results?

        0
        1. Hello kaneagle... and best wishes......

          It's surprising that W11 doesn't recognize this printer since it is indeed on its list of supported drivers.....

          Cheers

          0
        2. Moderator
          @jmarion3

          Hello jmarion3 and Happy New Year 2024

          Should the applicant try this procedure?

          Thanks for the info.

          0
        3. Moderator
          @jmarion3

          Yes, but I didn't have to use that procedure.
          Maybe for the next printer??

          0
      2. Hello jmarion3,

        where can I find this page please?

        What's strange is that it recognizes the device as a scanner but not as a printer.

        0
        1. we need to find a driver for another replacement model and modify the .inf file by adding theirs to this one

          .....

          0