Is my processor overclocked?

Solved
Hello, I recently bought a computer, but I don't want it to be overclocked, and I really have big doubts...

I have this processor: 11th gen Intel(r) Core(tm) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz
16GB of RAM
a 250GB SSD, etc...

Here is the direct link https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08XDTXQSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But when I don't run anything, so 0% usage, I'm between 4.55GHz and 4.70GHz.

2 answers

  1. Hello, a large part of Intel processors have Intel Turbo Boost technology that allows the processor's frequency to be dynamically increased when needed, without exceeding electrical or thermal limits.

    Although the i7-11700 has a base frequency of 2.50 GHz, it can rise up to 4.80 GHz or 4.90 GHz without any issues.

    Technical specifications: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/fr/fr/ark/products/212279/intel-core-i711700-processor-16m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz.html

    Intel Turbo Boost: https://www.intel.fr/content/www/fr/fr/gaming/resources/turbo-boost.html
    1
    1. ah so it's normal for it to be at 4.7 GHz without playing or anything (its base frequency is 2.5 GHz)?
      0
    2. @Riko_1623As long as it doesn't exceed the maximum frequency of Turbo mode, it's normal; however, I don't know exactly when the processor decides to switch to Turbo mode. Maybe Windows itself performs tasks that trigger it.
      1