When I play, my processor doesn’t run at full capacity.

Hello everyone,
So yesterday I cleaned my PC meticulously. I turn on my gaming computer, launch GTA V and realize that the game is lagging a lot more than usual and even on other games like Fishing Planet or The Witcher 3. I check the task manager and my processor is at 10%, sometimes even 8%. I go see my brother who has the same PC as mine and I ask him to play GTA V and it doesn't lag at all for him. I don't understand ???.

I have a GTX 1050 ti, an Intel Core i5-7500 CPU at 3.40GHz, 16G of RAM. I'm especially afraid that I broke something in my PC while cleaning it.

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

  1. Hello, please check if your graphics card is properly seated.
    0
    1. Hello,
      In most cases, a poorly connected graphics card prevents the motherboard from booting up.

      First, you can check that your cable connected to your monitor is properly plugged into the graphics card rather than the motherboard.

      You can check if all your drivers are installed.

      Best regards.
      0
    2. A poorly connected graphics card may not prevent the PC from turning on.
      0
    3. Yes, because the motherboard performs a check of all its inputs and outputs at startup, including the PCI ports.
      Now, if a graphics card, in this case,
      is incorrectly seated, it might be detected by the properly seated pins
      but unable to communicate normally with the motherboard due to the incorrectly seated pins, then the motherboard does not start.
      But in his case, that doesn't seem to be the case since he still has an image.
      0