Help to improve my processor speed

Hello, I'm new to the site and I really need your help. I bought a low-end PC (due to the crisis :p), a Packard Bell. Everything suits me except for my processor, an AMD Dual Core E300 at 1.3 GHz... I would like to know how to increase its speed because it lags a lot in online games and even in office tasks. I've heard about overclocking, but it seems quite risky. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance. Bernard4351

Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 23.0.1271.64

8 answers

  1. Hi,
    not on this kind of PC.
    You can only overclock if your BIOS allows it, and on branded PCs, you can't.
    It's not risky, but a bit complicated at first, but like everything, you learn it.

    To explain it roughly:
    If everything is respected, there's no real risk, especially on today's PCs, which are full of safety features. But automatically, it will decrease the lifespan.
    My PC has been overclocked for over 8 years on the CPU, RAM, and motherboard FSB (everything is noted in my profile), and the PC is far from dead; it runs very well, and it allows me to handle a bit more.

    For example, on OCCT, a program to check OC, I'm at +20% CPU, +20% Bus motherboard FSB, and I'm at 960MHz instead of 800MHz.

    It's a medium OC; we can do more, but it's easy and not too risky to increase by 15%, for example, but you have to read tutorials and have the necessary hardware.

    ++
    Several problems sometimes make one solution...
    1
    1. I just want it to lag a little less. So I download OCCT?
      1
      1. Forget it, you have the answer above. OCCT is just a stability test, it won't do anything better.
        0
      2. Hi bernard4351
        Read well, I'll explain how Franck7511 tells you:
        not on this kind of PC

        The rest of the message was in addition so you know a bit more about Overclocking...
        But as far as I know, you can't on branded laptops... it really should be specified.

        Right now I don't have much time
        In the evening, I'll repost a message for you, you should focus on avoiding processes that consume resources unnecessarily. Instead of increasing your CPU, reduce the load used for unnecessary programs and services if you have any, and do not install unsupported updates (I'll detail all this later)...
        ++
        0
    2. Hi, as promised...

      Overall, you can find information here:
      https://www.commentcamarche.net/informatique/windows/223-nettoyer-un-pc-devenu-lent-avec-les-outils-de-windows/#q=pc+qui+raame&cur=3&url=%2F

      For the software that starts with the PC:
      https://www.commentcamarche.net/informatique/windows/43-gerer-les-logiciels-qui-se-lancent-au-demarrage-de-windows-10/#avec-msconfig
      and you need to disable anything unnecessary to identify them; you can use Google or ask us.

      Disable unnecessary services
      https://www.pcastuces.com/pratique/windows/services_windows7/page1.htm

      restart the PC

      otherwise for the processes, you can also do this after the restart:
      start--->type:
      cmd
      then type:
      net start > c:\processus.txt

      go to c: and open processus.txt and send us the list of processes.

      so how much RAM do you have? do you have a 32bit?
      ++

      --
      Several problems sometimes have a solution...
      1
      1. Good evening, I will try your manipulations and I'll get back to you later. My PC has 4 GB of RAM and I am on 64 bit. Have a good evening.
        0
        1. Re Good evening, after completing all the tutorials, here is the process.txt:
          The following Windows services are 't' launched:

          Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
          Adobe Acrobat Update Service
          Adobe Active File Monitor V9
          IPsec Policy Agent
          Power
          AMD External Events Utility
          AMD FUEL Service
          Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
          Application Virtualization Client
          Application Virtualization Service Agent
          Windows Audio
          avast! Antivirus
          Security Center
          Group Policy Client
          DHCP Client
          DNS Client
          Virtualization Handler Client
          Network Location Awareness
          Network Connections
          Dritek WMI Service
          SSDP Discovery
          Disk Defragmenter
          Kernel Device Detection
          ePower Service
          EPSON V3 Service4(01)
          Computer Browser
          Application Experience
          Security Accounts Manager
          Session Manager Subsystem
          GREGService
          Windows Audio Endpoint Generator
          UPnP Device Host
          Application Information
          Windows Management Infrastructure
          CNG Key Isolation
          Windows Event Log
          DCOM Server Process Launcher
          Live Updater Service
          RPC Endpoint Mapper
          IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
          Base Filtering Engine
          Nero Update
          Norton Online Backup
          Windows Firewall
          Multimedia Class Scheduler
          Task Scheduler
          Plug and Play
          PnkBstrA
          EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol)
          Server
          Windows Font Cache Service
          WLAN AutoConfig
          Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service for Windows HTTP Services
          System Event Notification Service
          User Profile Service
          Background Intelligent Transfer Service
          Network Store Interface Service
          Network List Service
          Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
          Encryption Services
          Print Spooler
          Workstation
          Superfetch
          COM+ Event System
          Themes
          Windows Defender
          Windows Driver Foundation - User-Mode Driver Framework
          Windows Search
          Windows Update

          The command completed successfully.

          Have a good evening.
          0
          1. Hello,
            it's still okay, not too many processes, we'll try to gain a bit anyway.

            Open the Services console
            I'll quote the link
            Click on the Start button.
            In the search field, type the command services.msc and then press the Enter key.
            In the warning window that appears, click on the Continue button.
            The Services console window will then open.


            Once in this console, you can choose to start/stop services, and you have 3 options: disabled, manual, and automatic.

            List of services to stop and disable:
            Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
            Windows Search
            You should completely disable these two.

            List of services to check as they should be set to manual:
            SSDP Discovery
            Disk Defragmenter
            Computer Browser
            Application Experience
            UPnP Device Host
            Application Information
            CNG Key Isolation
            Live Updater Service
            IKE and AuthIP Key Management Modules
            Nero Update
            EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol)
            Windows Font Cache Service
            WLAN AutoConfig
            Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service for Windows HTTP Services
            Background Intelligent Transfer Service
            Network List Service
            All of these services should be set to manual...

            List of services to disable if you are not using a local network. ONLY if you have a single PC and no home network, you can stop these services:
            Network Connections
            If in doubt, don't touch it...

            If you are not using the Task Scheduler, disable it:
            Task Scheduler
            If in doubt, you can disable it, no risk, it lightens things up a bit...

            If you are not using a printer, disable it:
            Print Spooler

            If you are using a printer, do not disable it; otherwise, yes...

            Then restart the PC

            I don't know if this will be enough for you, but your CPU is a bit old.
            I'm not in favor of formatting for a yes or a no, but if you're really lagging behind and it has been a long time since you did it, it could resolve internal conflicts in Windows.

            I hope to help you++
            0
        2. Hello, I've done everything and I see only a very slight difference. Here: https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-25728707-amd-e300, someone bought the same PC as me and finds it weak too... We're talking about switching to Windows 7 32 bit. Would that make a difference? Thanks in advance.
          0
          1. Hi,
            I believe there is little difference because it is clear that the CPU is a bit weak.
            Switching to Seven 32-bit is a big debate lol
            Personally, I stayed on XP because I have too many applications installed and it requires more than XP in the first place...
            So it shouldn't go any faster...
            And it's clear that since I have 2GB, I significantly leverage XP with the virtual, while under Seven it's managed differently (not taken into account in the task manager performance tab, the graph no longer takes virtual into account which is equal to 1.5 times the RAM; I have 2GB physical so under XP the task manager displays a total of 5GB Seven 2, even if it is also managed, it no longer appears in ctrl+alt+del so I only have 2GB and it lags/crashes a lot whereas under XP I can do tons of applications and the desktop is lighter, especially since I configure it to the minimum...)

            However, according to my friends, Seven is optimized but I have doubts about that...

            As for 32 vs. 64-bit, don't change it because you won't see more than 4GB of RAM in 32-bit; it will be limited to about 3GB of physical RAM and may outright fail to start with two sticks.

            I had this problem more than once in the past, but normally it goes through, but you are restricted to 3GB...

            Packard Bell. T (and they are not the only ones, but I think the worst)
            is a very bad brand! On this forum, you'll see I'm not the only one saying it.

            Moreover, since the PC is not built but is branded, you are limited by your provided CD models for Seven 64-bit and you have a hidden system partition. For example, if you don't downgrade to XP or other OS, you can't install....
            You are tied to the operating system that came with the PC and only for this PC.
            On the Packard Bell support site, you should see that there are probably only drivers for Seven 64-bit, so if you change, no more drivers.....

            I'm quite afraid that you won't be able to do anything else (at least for my part), as long as you have this CPU... and Packard Bell changing the CPU, it's tough; you have to go through them theoretically (to check in the manual and on the site, I'll see if I find any information)....

            That's why it's better to go through a builder than a branded PC; you could have upgraded your processor or other much more easily. Brand PCs upgrading.... hard hard. (I know, I've had over 100 PCs recovered from a Siemens Nec company to repair and resell, so I know what brand PCs are...)

            I hope to help you
            Good luck ++

            .
            0
        3. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec cela.
          0
          1. Up =)
            0
          2. Yes, no, the price of a new computer...
            0
          3. Hi, you can't just put any CPU in a laptop...
            You need to check your upgrade manual to see if your motherboard supports another processor and which one!
            You won't have a choice, and Franck7511 is right, it could cost you a PC because you'll need the one that your laptop brand accepts...
            In general, upgrading a CPU in a laptop is really not easy and expensive...
            0
          4. First, if we are doing this in order, we need the brand of the PC and the model. Go to the brand (Packard Bell)
            I'm sending you the link, send us the info about your PC (specific model as requested on the site...)
            https://www.packardbell.com/pb/fr/FR/content/download
            0
        4. You don't overclock a laptop processor.
          0