Problem with vectorizing a gradient logo
Solved
Good evening everyone,
I will explain the problem:
I created my company logo on Canva Pro, and I would like to vectorize it on Illustrator.
However, I'm encountering difficulties: it distorts the entire logo and erases part of the text underneath.
Does anyone have the patience to explain how I can vectorize this logo? Or should I recreate it directly in Illustrator?
Thank you for reading :)
Here is the result:
that it gives me:
I will explain the problem:
I created my company logo on Canva Pro, and I would like to vectorize it on Illustrator.
However, I'm encountering difficulties: it distorts the entire logo and erases part of the text underneath.
Does anyone have the patience to explain how I can vectorize this logo? Or should I recreate it directly in Illustrator?
Thank you for reading :)
Here is the result:
that it gives me:
4 answers
-
Vectorization does not work well with gradients because the engine tries to divide it into a certain number of colored surfaces...
It is best to vectorize the outlines and then fill the surfaces in Illustrator with a gradient or solid color... -
Sure, thank you very much!!
Can you explain to me how I could do that?
Thanks in advance :)-
The problem is the distortion of the gradient into a wave shape... Personally, I don't think it's possible in Illustrator which maintains an x,y orientation for gradients...
We could keep an envelope and fill it with an image... but then we are no longer 100% vectorial...
The other idea is to break down the gradient into several surfaces that we glue together to recreate its continuity... it's not impossible but it's a lot of precision work to avoid cuts at the joints.
We should see if there are any new effects in the CC versions of Illustrator that would allow this gradient deformation... I refuse to use the CC versions... -
@contrarinessHello,
Indeed, there is a function that allows this type of gradient (free form gradient). -
@contrarinessYes, I just saw the "freeform gradient" option: Thank you!
And regarding the writings?
How can I make them readable?
Thank you in advance :) -
@marevahg11In my opinion, the ideal would be to export your work as a PDF from CANVA, then open that PDF with Illustrator, as PDFs retain vector properties, so you will have your entire logo that you can tweak as you wish without having to redraw everything.
-
@Squel8Okay, thank you very much!
-
-
Thank you all for your responses :)
-
Hello,
It's better to completely recreate the gradient in Illustrator!
Take the current colors and use the gradient tool to renew your gradient :)
Good luck!
https://laprovencale-communication.fr/