Sfc /scannow stuck

Solved/Closed
Hello;

A few days ago, I wanted to run the command sfc /scannow, but the process was interrupted at 82% for several hours. So the next day, I closed the command prompt to restart the command, but it couldn't run, saying there was already a process in progress. A few days later, I tried again, and it worked, but it got stuck again at 58%. Help me please! Thanks :)

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    You can try to repair the file system, and Windows if it's failing.

    By right-clicking on the start button, with Windows PowerShell (Admin)

    Type: CMD

    Then type: chkdsk /f c:

    Respond y for "yes" to the question, and restart Windows.

    Next, by right-clicking on the start button, use this command with Windows PowerShell (Admin)

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Then this command afterwards via CMD launched from Windows PowerShell (Admin)

    sfc /scannow

    If it indicates that a restart is needed for the repairs to take effect, do it.

    And, have you already tried with the Win10 iso or the USB drive in the reader and seen if that fixes it more? (It seems to me), not sure.
    3
    1. Thank you, I'll give it a try and I'll keep you updated.
      0
    2. @Gaime_2000It worked correctly, thank you.
      0
    3. thank you very much for that you saved my computer

      0
  2. hi

    what OS is your PC running (W7/W8.1/W10)

    have you tried the operation via command prompt in safe mode?

    see you

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
    0
    1. w10 ...
      And no, I don't know how to do it.
      0