Startup / Boot Sequence Repair

Hello,

I'm posting today because I have a startup problem since this morning. I want to clarify that the computer was working yesterday and shut down while doing a Windows update.
Windows 7 is installed on my SSD.

This morning:
- Startup repair error (code 6.1.7600.16385);

- In the BIOS, the HDD was no longer detected. I swapped the cables, and finally, the SSD and HDD are detected again;

- apparently, the problem comes from the boot sequence. It only had, in order, IP4 then IP6 then Windows Boot Manager.
I set the mode to "UEFI & Legacy," which allowed me to display the SSD and HDD. However, changing the order (SSD first) does not allow for a startup and shows a black screen with the text "... This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents... Reboot and Select proper boot device."

- I also tried "Legacy only" mode, but that doesn't work either.

I'm a bit lost, so any help would be welcome!

Configuration: Windows 7 x64
Gygabyte H81M-S1
SSD Sandisk 240 Go
HDD Seagate 500 Go

5 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    make sure that the BIOS is properly configured in UEFI.
    CSM disabled.

    To repair the Windows 7 boot: Repair Windows 7 boot.
    With the interface that provides access to recovery options.
    Otherwise in the command prompt:
    bcdboot c:\windows 


    If it's not better from the command prompt:
    • type diskpart and hit enter

    Give the results of the following commands:

    list disk
    sel disk 0
    list partition
    list volume
    exit


    Take a photo of the result and provide it as a screenshot.

    And provide the result of the command:
    bcdedit /v


    Take a photo of the result and provide it as a screenshot.

    --
    Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
    0
    1. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!

      The repair with the CD didn't work and the attempt to copy C:\windows didn't either.

      Here are the screenshots of the other commands:

      0
      1. Moderator
        Does it change anything if you try to start with only the SSD connected?

        Otherwise, try this from diskpart:

        sel disk 1
        sel volume 3
        format fs=fat32
        assign letter=R
        exit


        And in the command prompt:
        bcdboot c:\windows /l fr-fr /f UEFI /s R:


        If there are no errors, you restart.

        0
        1. Leaving only the SSD has no effect.
          I also ran a chkdsk with no results.

          And the bcdboot command keeps failing!

          Unfortunately, I have the feeling that the only solution is to reinstall...
          I really don't understand where this problem comes from, everything was fine yesterday and my computer is ultra clean, so I hope I won't encounter the same problem again.
          0
          1. Moderator
            Even with the diskpart commands, it's not working?
            dir c:\windows
            Do you have any content?
            0
          2. The diskpart commands worked, I was able to rename the partition to R and (re)format it to FAT32.

            There is indeed content in Windows, but I mistakenly checked the wrong drive since it has the letter D.
            I tried the bcdboot command again (without the /f UEFI part otherwise it doesn't understand) and I'm receiving the following message:

            "BFSVC: Failed to create a new system store. Status = [c000003a]"
            0
          3. Moderator
            @Nak84add the /v option to get information.
            Give a screenshot

            bcdboot c:\windows /l fr-fr /f UEFI /s R: /v
            0
          4. Same error message and no more details despite the /v!

            On an English forum, someone had resolved this issue by booting from the CD in Legacy only mode to perform the operation... except that if I don't boot the CD in UEFI only mode, I can't access the system recovery options and thus the command prompt!
            0
          5. Thank you anyway for your help, it will be an opportunity for me to install Windows 10!
            Have a good evening.
            0
        2. Moderator
          ok :)

          Once you have reinstalled everything and everything is working,

          I invite you to create a system image now that you have a stable Windows.

          This system image can be restored at any time, including Windows, updates, and installed programs.
          Very practical for easily restoring Windows when everything is crashing.

          So if you need to reinstall Windows, you can restore your image, which saves you from having to reinstall all the tedious updates, software applications, and programs.

          --
          Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
          0