Empty recovery partition

Solved
Hello,
The recovery partition for W10 on my system drive is empty: is this normal?



Configuration: Windows / Firefox 62.0

10 answers

  1. Hello,

    It appears empty, but it is not... The admin command

    reagentc /info

    will tell you if the partition is used or not for advanced startup.

    And for your information: your startup issue on the SSD is still not completely resolved (contrary to what you posted). It is still the D drive that shows the status "system", and therefore it is the one that starts your Windows on C in the displayed screenshot.
    1
    1. I don't think so because even when disconnecting drive D, leaving only the SSD, it still starts.
      0
    2. So, remove the "boot" flag ("active") on this disk D and restart. Because right now, it's indeed that one which is booting. The "system" display in parentheses confirms it.
      0
    3. I also see "active" on the partition Z.
      How do I remove it from disk D?
      0
    4. To remove active on D:

      diskpart
      sel disk 1
      sel part 1
      inactive
      exit


      And then restart. If your SSD boots alone, you will have the same capture, but Z (letter to remove as well) will be declared "system". If it does not boot alone, you will receive an error message (but you checked, you say, so it should work). I answered the rest below.

      Edit... Given the time to restart, I'm starting to doubt that you checked the autonomous operation of the SSD.

      Edit bis. It smells like a crash... could the SSD still be dead? If that's the case, you need to boot from the installation DVD and reactivate the partition of drive 1.
      0
    5. I just saw your response,
      I assure you that the PC successfully restarted with only the SSD, all other SATA disconnected.
      I will disable drive D tomorrow.
      Good night!
      0