I have disabled the services, cannot connect.

Hello,
Following a mistake on my part, I have disabled all Windows services from "Msconfig."

Since then, I can no longer log into my account.

Can someone shed some light on how to reactivate them or at least regain access to my account?

Have a nice day.

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Start on the advanced system recovery options using method 1 from this page: Windows Advanced Recovery Options.
    The principle is to restart on the page where you're asked for the password, with the icon at the bottom right while holding the shift key.

    If you do NOT reach the window where Windows asks for passwords, due to a blockage or crash beforehand...
    Turn off the computer twice during the Windows loading.
    It will enter repair mode, which will also grant access to the advanced system recovery options.
    (If starting in advanced recovery options is impossible, you need to create a bootable USB drive, you have a link on the previous page for that).

    From Troubleshoot you can then try:
    - Launch a system restore to revert to a previous configuration of Windows

    --
    Please press a key to continue the disinfection...
    1
    1. "From Troubleshooting, you can try:
      - Starting a system restore to revert to a previous configuration of Windows"


      I also need the password here but it doesn't work...
      0
    2. Moderator
      @board9After that, you have to use a Live CD.
      You can do a system restore from there.

      If there is no restore point or it doesn’t work:
      Open a registry editor
      Load the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive
      and set the start of the services to 2

      First, try to boot the computer from the Malekal Live CD: https://www.malekal.com/malekal-live-cd-reparer-depanner-pc-windows/
      See if system restore is possible
      If there are no points, I will detail the second part with the registry.
      0
    3. I am handling the problem remotely for my brother, and he only has one computer, so it's impossible to create a live CD.
      0
    4. Moderator
      @board9If you can't start in recovery options (which seems strange to me)...
      You have no choice but to boot from a Live CD to do what I've indicated.
      0
    5. I can start on the recovery options, but for each action it asks me for the password, and since the services are disabled, I can't log in.

      Okay, thanks anyway, have a good day.
      0