Unable to reset your PC...

Solved
Hello, here is my problem,

-I no longer have the Windows 8 interface (tiles)
-I can't search anymore, either in the charms bar or in the search bar located in the file explorer
-When I start my computer and enter my user password, I get a black screen, and I have to manually find my Desktop

To remedy all these issues, I decided to reset my PC, but this message appears "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing"
I've been through several forums, but I'm going in circles and can't find any solutions!

Can you help me, please?
Thank you

3 answers

  1. Hello,

    Brand of the PC?
    0
    1. It's a COMPAQ.
      0
    2. @JKookiePress the F11 key on the keyboard right after pressing the power button until a recovery menu appears.
      0
    3. Yes, that's the way I went to reset the PC and I got this message; I even tried to do a restore but nothing changed.
      0
    4. @Papounet17000But I can't go through the charms bar because when I click on "Change PC settings," nothing happens.
      I therefore have to go through F11 at startup.
      0
  2. Hello Papounet17000

    Have you reset or formatted your PC?

    If you formatted it, where did your Windows ISO come from?

    If you're going for a format, make sure to look for the drivers and save them on your smartphone or a USB stick first to avoid missing network drivers.

    Various tutorials are available on YouTube.
    0
    1. I have reset my PC (I also tried to do a recovery, but nothing conclusive).
      0
    2. Can you tell me what steps you took?
      0
    3. I pressed F11, at startup, I went to the "troubleshoot" option then "reset your PC" and I got this message "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."
      I also tried to do a System Restore and an automatic repair in "advanced options," but that didn't work either.
      I also tried to do a "Windows system restore" with Recovery Manager, but that didn't work either!
      0
    4. I don't see any other option but to format the machine, wait for the opinions of others and their experiences. If no one has any ideas, it will therefore be essential.
      0
  3. Hello! My problem is solved! Overnight, I was able to reset my computer (I don’t know why)! Thank you anyway for your help!
    0