Cmd.exe error message

Solved
Hello,

For the past few days, when I start my PC (running Windows 10), the following message appears:
cmd.exe Application Error
The application failed to start (0xc0000142)
I ran a virus scan with Avast yesterday and a scan with Malwarebytes this morning but I found nothing suspicious. I also cleaned the registry with Ccleaner but nothing helps.
Do you have any solutions?
Thank you in advance!

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 47.0.2526.106

7 answers

  1. Hello

    Check if you have an ongoing update by clicking on Start, then Settings and Update

    --
    Computing is just a tool, like a brush or a pencil.
    Avoid installing those so-called free software that supposedly boosts or repairs your PC; it has no major usefulness. The best tools
    0
    1. Hello,
      There was indeed an update in progress that had not been completed correctly. I clicked on Retry and then I restarted my PC, but unfortunately the error message still reappears!
      0
      1. Did the update install before restarting?
        0
    2. Yes, the update installed without any problems!
      0
      1. It's related to an application, you need to find out which one.
        Open an elevated command prompt (admin)
        and type the following command sfc /scannow
        after the scan check if it found any errors.
        0
    3. How to run this command as an administrator? Thank you!
      0
      1. Right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)
        0
    4. Thank you! I started a scan, I'll keep you updated!
      0
      1. The scan is complete: no integrity violation detected...
        0
        1. Do you have any other suggestions?
          0
          1. Have you installed a program or software recently?
            0
          2. @beber67470I installed Office 365. I actually had to perform a repair because my existing Excel files wouldn’t open. I also optimized the startup with CCleaner, maybe that could be the issue?
            0
          3. @DumazYour error message appeared before these installations!
            0
          4. @beber67470No, it appeared afterward. I reactivated all the services and processes that I had disabled at startup with CCleaner to check if that was the cause, but the message still shows up.
            0
          5. @DumazBy activating these services, did you restart to synchronize?
            0