Acmon.exe

Hello,

I am using Tune Up Utilities for maintenance on my Asus laptop, and it finds two Acmon.exe keys (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ACMON.EXE) that are empty and can be deleted, as well as an empty ATK0100 key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATK0100).
I deleted them, but they reappear at every startup. I tried deleting them directly in the registry, and the same thing happened; they are still there. Can you help me? Are these folders dangerous or not? Thank you very much.

Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 23.0.1271.95

3 answers

  1. Hello,

    Have you tried uninstalling Acmon through the usual methods?
    0
    1. I don't even know what Acmon is for. I searched on my computer, in my programs, it doesn't exist. Only TuneUp finds these folders. I use CCleaner every day, they don't appear in Avast or Malwarebytes. I installed AdwCleaner, but they're still there. I'm mainly worried because they reappear despite being deleted after each startup; I hope it's not a virus. I'd like someone to confirm this for me; if I'm not at risk, maybe I can leave them?
      0
      1. Look it up on Google or something.
        But I don't think Acmon is listed as a virus.
        0
      2. I can't find anything on this topic on Google, except that it's supposed to be a key for an Asus program, but the path doesn't match; it is in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ACMON.EXE.
        0
      3. And under c:\program files?
        0
      4. Nothing in the program files either, not even in hidden folders, I didn't find anything it refers to...?
        0
    2. After checking, in program files, I indeed have an acmon application in asus splendid. How can I tell if it is related to the nonexistent key that keeps reappearing?
      0
      1. 1 - Take a system restore point, just in case
        2 - In c:\program files, rename acmon.exe to acmon_machin.exe
        3 - Perform a registry cleanup with Ccleaner which will remove the keys since the program is no longer there
        4 - Restart the PC
        0
      2. I will try this right away, thank you.
        0
      3. Yes, but should I rename the application or the key folder that I want to delete?
        0
      4. If you have other known programs in the folder, only rename acmon.exe.
        Otherwise, rename the folder.
        0
      5. It didn't work, CCleaner didn't delete the renamed file, I did it with TuneUp, but it reappeared when the computer started up :(
        0