Data Path on Server

Solved
Hello,

I just transferred the necessary data from a single-user application to a server to make this application multi-user. But now that I've transferred this data, what access path should I provide to the application to reach this data (I created a specific directory on the server)?
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance
Alain

Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 3.6.23

9 answers

  1. Re-hello,
    I followed your instructions but being completely new to this area, I am encountering a few "small" difficulties:
    Server name: is this the name of the FTP server? : \\ftp3.celeonet.fr\folder
    After diagnosis, I have this message: ""ftp3.celeonet.fr" is not configured to be set up on the "file sharing" port with this computer.

    What else should I do?
    Thank you in advance
    Alain
    9
    1. On the workstation, you click on Tools, then connect to a network drive
      then \\server name\share name (shared directory)
      4
      1. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!
        I didn't expect all of this. For a beginner, I think it's going to be tough. I'm going to have a headache again... but with my favorite motto "where there's a will, there's a way!" it should be okay.
        Server data:
        Operating system: Linux 2.4.20-28.9
        Apache version: 2.2.3 (Unix)
        MySQL version: 5.1.41
        PHP version: 4.4.8 / 5.2.5
        I don't know if that's all good because I don't see Windows Server 2003, 2008...

        I'm going to read the doc from your link (with a box of pills, it should be fine).
        Thanks
        Alain
        1
        1. Don't try to make up a job for yourself.
          What you're trying to do is the responsibility of an IT technician, and on top of that, a tech who knows Linux.
          It's certainly not you who set up this network, so please contact the person and pay them.
          0
      2. Hello
        thank you for this response which I will follow to the letter right away.
        Best regards
        Alain
        0
        1. Yes, ouch ouch ouch, because I wasn't expecting your server to be Linux and not Windows either. Although... Linux is not worse (on the contrary) than Windows.

          I worked back in the day (a long time ago) with a Linux server and a Windows workstation. But I don't even remember the interface we used on the Windows workstation to access the Linux server! I know the interface was extremely easy to configure... but the name, I can't remember!!
          I think you'll be able to find an answer very quickly on a Linux forum.
          In any case, there's no need for you to read the documentation...
          0
          1. Good evening everyone,
            indeed, it was not me who set up this server. My son paid to host his website on this server and foolishly I thought I could store data there to share.
            Question: is it possible to share data stored on a remote server (for read and write) or do I have to settle for a local network?
            Thank you for taking the time to help me.
            Alain
            0
            1. There is of course a way to share data stored on a remote server in read & write mode. Some companies under Linux already offer this service for accounting. However, on the day there is a problem with the ADSL network, we might find ourselves twiddling our thumbs...
              0
              1. OK

                Thank you for all this information that I will try to explore further before choosing the solution suited to my needs.
                Have a good day.
                Alain
                0