A pointer roaming on the screen

Hello,
For some time now, the pointer of my mouse has been moving across the screen without me moving it. Sometimes I accidentally click on a link, file, or folder and the arrow quickly ends up in another corner of the screen. I have tried 3 mice, including a new one, and I installed a new mouse pad. I also noticed that during its "escapades," the pointer ends up
in the "start" corner.
Here are the settings in the properties:

- speed "slow +"
- enhance pointer precision----------------------------------checked
- show the location of the pointer when I press CTRL-----checked
- scrolling three lines per notch

Thank you for your help! :)

Configuration: Windows XP sp3 / Internet Explorer 8.0

6 answers

  1. On laptops, there is an option that allows the mouse to automatically position itself on the dialog button (ok or cancel...).

    That might be why your mouse moves on its own.

    Mouse properties > pointer options > uncheck the box "automatically move..."
    2
    1. this box is not checked, only the ones I specified before.
      Anyway, it’s not a laptop, it’s a desktop computer.
      0
    2. The mouse pad is neutral...? because the optical mouse works poorly if there are patterns...
      Are you sure you haven't been hacked...?
      0
    3. The mouse pad has patterns; it is not a single color.
      Getting hacked? I don't think so; it's the company's PC and there is still good monitoring. Anyway, in case of hacking, does the mouse move by itself without me moving it? In my case, it happens during its handling.
      0
    4. OK...
      If it's an optical mouse, it's better to use it on a plain background, the designs interfere with it...;-)
      0
    5. I don't think that's the problem because the old carpet was a solid color
      and since the mouse was malfunctioning, I changed it thinking it had gotten too old.
      It's too late now, I got rid of it.
      I tried directly on the wood of the furniture and there was no change after all...
      0