Heuristic virus

Solved
Hello,

What is a Heuristic virus? Antivir found this today. I copied the following description:
HEUR/Exploit.HTML

I already received this message a few days ago. As a precaution, I ran a search with Malwarebytes in safe mode. It didn't find anything. I also did a scan with Antivir, which found nothing either.

I feel like this is more of a way to convince me to buy the paid version of Antivir.

In any case, everything is working on my computer.

Thank you for explaining what this message means.

Best regards
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.5.7

46 answers

  1. A heuristic virus means that the antivirus does not recognize it in its database but finds it suspicious due to its behavior on the system
    --
    tic tac toe ie7 vs firefox which wins firefox of course
    132
    1. Thank you for the info.
      0
    2. Thank you, we learn something new every day!
      0